Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
All those involved in any aspect of implementing, managing or administering contracts; also those involved in any step of contract preparation and award in order for them to realize the importance of a well prepared contract.
About the course
The overall aim of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge, concepts, skills and tools necessary to manage and administer contracts post award. Participants in this interactive course will learn all the processes and activities required to implement contractual obligations. The course will also cover contract administration best practices.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the major activities and steps of contract administration.
- Identify administration tools and the roles of the contract administrator.
- Recognize the main contractual provisions and appreciate their effects on the implementation and management of future contracts.
- Understand the importance of knowing contractual terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate the importance of partnership and negotiation in contract administration.
- Explain the different types of claims, damages and liabilities.
- Identify Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and ways to resolve claims.
- On-Going Assessments
- Evaluating Contractor’s Performance
- Managing Contracts in Progress
- Performance Reporting
- Status and Progress Reporting
- Performance Indicator
Contract Administration Tools
- Key Principles
- Knowing Your Contract
- Contract Provisions Affecting Implementation
- Tools and Techniques for Contract Administration
- Information Needed for Administering a Contract
- Records and Documentations
- Roles and Responsibilities of Contract Administrators
- Competencies for Contract Professionals
- Developing Schedule and Cost Plans
- Developing Milestones Charts
Principles of Contracts
- Objectives and Definitions
- Contract Framework
- Elements of a Contract
- Difficulties Encountered in Contract Administration
- Contract Administration Major Steps
- Competencies of Contract Administrators
Claims and Disputes
- Breach of Contract
- Types of Damages
- Force Majeure
- Changes and Variation Orders
- Claims and Extensions
- Contract Closeout Lessons Learned: How, Who, Where and When
- Alternative Dispute Resolution:
- Contract Termination
- Termination for Default
- Termination for Convenience
Partnership with Contractor
- Strategic Alliance
- Objectives of Partnership
- Elements of Partnership
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Planning Negotiation
- Trading Concession
- Negotiation Preparation
- Negotiation Guidelines
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work