About the course
This program is brought to you by Dr. Don Gilman who is globally recognized and sought after expert in critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. In this unique setting, Dr. Gilman will conduct a highly engaging session built around developing participants' decision making abilities, especially in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) environments. Participants will learn how to outsmart their own unconscious biases and assumptions by leveraging specific tools and methodologies designed to take advantage of the diversity of backgrounds and experiences available to us in the workplace. Dr. Gilman's combination of theory and practice stems from his work as a scholar, an author, the Executive Director of the Institute for the Advancement of Critical Thinking, and a consultant to senior leaders for over twenty years. Participants will walk away excited for the opportunity to put their new knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques into action daily as they encounter their own VUCA environments.
15% What is VUCA and how is it impacting us?
- What works and what does not work as well, even though it once did?
45% New Strategies and Methodologies
- What questions should leaders ask?
- How can we identify and compensate for our unconscious biases that hinder critical thinking?
- What role do diversity and inclusion play?
- How can we make decisions without 100% certainty?
30% Organizational Culture Optimization
- How does culture impact an organization's ability to thrive in a VUCA environment?
- What should a leader do to guide their culture?
10% Next Steps and Action Plan
- What will we begin changing tomorrow?
Internationally recognized speaker, author, and trainer with over 25 years of experience working with over 300 companies and thousands of leaders wanting to maximize their personal effectiveness by improving their critical thinking. Specialized in helping organizations and individuals achieve unp...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.