Who should attend
This course will touch all aspects of business: so, all those who work in marketing, sales, creative, innovation, research and insight, and from communications development to culture and change management. It is essential for anyone whose role involves affecting decision-making, both B2C and B2B. Anyone who has seen or heard about “nudging” and is intrigued to know more and have their assumptions challenged.
About the course
You may have heard of “nudge” theory or “thinking fast and slow” and wondered why Governments and commercial organisations across the world are responding to today’s challenges by applying behavioural economics to make radical differences to their companies, brand and campaigns.
Learn to change behaviour and apply it to sales, marketing and beyond, understanding how people choose - and why we don’t think the way we think we think- is pivotal.
This provocative course will open up a treasure trove of insight to help increase effectiveness, by revealing why appealing to the emotions is so vital, why we should distinguish what people do from what they say and the whole range of unconscious biases that affect our decision-making.
- Through the BE lens, your marketing, sales and internal/external comms will never seem the same again……
- Are you only talking to the rational, conscious System 2 when you should be addressing unconscious, unpredictable and emotional System 1?
- You will see emotions in a new light and learn how to apply them to create distinctiveness and cut-through for your brands and comms
- Are your users Maximisers- who always make the best possible decision- or Satisficers, who only want what is good enough?
- Accept that we are more like social animals, who love to conform and not really individuals
- Learn how to apply the insights of priming, social norms, heuristics [mental shortcuts] and re-framing
- Explore what this means for communications, consumer (and B2B) behaviour, communication, new product development and market research
- All this will be examined through a mixture of collaborative learning, case studies, team exercises and some fun
Tas has created or endured around 6,000 presentations in his career. As a result, he has been writing and carrying out courses on the subject of storytelling in business for 15 years from the UK to the US and in France. Over that time, he has trained some 1,000 people in the art and science of st...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.