Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Internal and on job training trainers
About the course
This is an ideal course for anyone who needs to use effective coaching skills to develop others; whether they be line managers, internal coaches, or HR professionals. Coaching is an essential activity to help improve, enhance or develop a person's skills and behavior in the workplace, and has a very positive impact on the retention of knowledge and skills, after a person has been trained.
- To understand the benefits of coaching and the role of the coach
- To realize when to use coaching as a development tool
- To identify the stages of the coaching process
- To plan and deliver a coaching session
- To practice the skills at all stages of the coaching process
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduce the trainers and participants to each other.
- Define the participants’ expectations of the course.
- Determine the trainees’ needs.
- Provide suggestions for effective participation in the Advanced Training of Trainers course.
- Introduce the goal of the training and the unit objectives.
- Review the exercises “Where Are We?” and “Reflections.”
The Training Strategy
- Research and analysis – TNA
- Training needs analysis
- Developing your customer base
- Building a training strategy
- Presenting strategy for impact
- Organizations and Change – driving the need for training
- Responding to organizational change
- Workshop – Training project to support major cultural change
Module 2: Planning for Training
- Describe the steps needed to plan for training implementation.
- Describe how to choose participants.
- Develop selected components of a training curriculum.
- Describe how to pilot test the training curriculum.
- Explain the importance of developing tools to assess knowledge and skills.
- Explain how to choose a clinical training site.
- Explain how to develop a clinical training site.
Module 3: Implementing Training
- Demonstrate the four types of role-play.
- Demonstrate a variety of advanced brainstorming techniques.
- Demonstrate how to develop a case study.
- Demonstrate the technique of mind mapping.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced lecture techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced discussion techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of games and experiential learning exercises.
Module 4: Implementing Training (Cont’)
- Effective Openings
- Writing Clear Training Objectives
- Group Dynamics
- Dealing With Problem Participants
- Group Training Techniques
- Activity-Based Learning
- Using Visual Aids To Enhance Training Sessions
- Seating For Success
- Preparation For Day Three
- Interactive Training Sessions To The Group
- Stop - Start - Continue - What Needs To Be Changed?
- Training Evaluation
- How Effective Is Your Training?
- Kirkpatrick's Levels Of Training Effectiveness
- Transfer Of Learning To The Workplace
- Action Planning
Module 5: Examination of various Validation and Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering improvements using - “SMART” objectives
- Application of the 10 step training model using a case study and group discussions
- Applying Validation Techniques and Methodologies
- How to construct Evaluation Surveys and implement improvements
- How to present results - evaluation in action - case studies
- Provide an overview of the four levels of evaluation.
- Develop tools for Level 1: Reaction Evaluation.
- Develop tools for Level 2: Learning Evaluation.
- Describe Level 3: Behavior Evaluation.
- Describe Level 4: Results Evaluation.
- Provide an overview of training follow-up.
- Develop tools for training follow-up.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.