Who should attend
Internal and on job training trainers
About the course
This is an ideal course for anyone who needs to use effective coaching skills to develop others; whether they be line managers, internal coaches, or HR professionals. Coaching is an essential activity to help improve, enhance or develop a person's skills and behavior in the workplace, and has a very positive impact on the retention of knowledge and skills, after a person has been trained.
- To understand the benefits of coaching and the role of the coach
- To realize when to use coaching as a development tool
- To identify the stages of the coaching process
- To plan and deliver a coaching session
- To practice the skills at all stages of the coaching process
Module 1: Introduction
- Introduce the trainers and participants to each other.
- Define the participants’ expectations of the course.
- Determine the trainees’ needs.
- Provide suggestions for effective participation in the Advanced Training of Trainers course.
- Introduce the goal of the training and the unit objectives.
- Review the exercises “Where Are We?” and “Reflections.”
The Training Strategy
- Research and analysis – TNA
- Training needs analysis
- Developing your customer base
- Building a training strategy
- Presenting strategy for impact
- Organizations and Change – driving the need for training
- Responding to organizational change
- Workshop – Training project to support major cultural change
Module 2: Planning for Training
- Describe the steps needed to plan for training implementation.
- Describe how to choose participants.
- Develop selected components of a training curriculum.
- Describe how to pilot test the training curriculum.
- Explain the importance of developing tools to assess knowledge and skills.
- Explain how to choose a clinical training site.
- Explain how to develop a clinical training site.
Module 3: Implementing Training
- Demonstrate the four types of role-play.
- Demonstrate a variety of advanced brainstorming techniques.
- Demonstrate how to develop a case study.
- Demonstrate the technique of mind mapping.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced lecture techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced discussion techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of games and experiential learning exercises.
Module 4: Implementing Training (Cont’)
- Effective Openings
- Writing Clear Training Objectives
- Group Dynamics
- Dealing With Problem Participants
- Group Training Techniques
- Activity-Based Learning
- Using Visual Aids To Enhance Training Sessions
- Seating For Success
- Preparation For Day Three
- Interactive Training Sessions To The Group
- Stop - Start - Continue - What Needs To Be Changed?
- Training Evaluation
- How Effective Is Your Training?
- Kirkpatrick's Levels Of Training Effectiveness
- Transfer Of Learning To The Workplace
- Action Planning
Module 5: Examination of various Validation and Evaluation Techniques
- Delivering improvements using - “SMART” objectives
- Application of the 10 step training model using a case study and group discussions
- Applying Validation Techniques and Methodologies
- How to construct Evaluation Surveys and implement improvements
- How to present results - evaluation in action - case studies
- Provide an overview of the four levels of evaluation.
- Develop tools for Level 1: Reaction Evaluation.
- Develop tools for Level 2: Learning Evaluation.
- Describe Level 3: Behavior Evaluation.
- Describe Level 4: Results Evaluation.
- Provide an overview of training follow-up.
- Develop tools for training follow-up.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.