Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- You are a team leader, project leader, business unit manager, small business owner...
- You are recently appointed to a people manager role
About the course
Your employees can make or break your business and its success depends on how you motivate and lead them. As a manager you play a key role in this - which is why people management skills are essential to every manager in every organisation. This programme will hand you the tools needed to boost your employees’ performance and engagement and help make your team even more successful.
Why This Programme?
What is the added value of following the programme 'The People Manager'?
- Examine the principles for attracting the 'right' employees into your organisation
- Manage the psychological contract and expectations for a better workplace environment
- Discover what motivates your people
- Transform your people management approach
- Coach employees along their career path
- Recognise ways to keep talented employees on board
'The People Manager' consists of 4 modules. Each module focuses on a particular aspect of people management such as the people manager as manager of the inflow, motivator & performance manager, coach & communicator and career manager.
Module 1: The people manager as manager of the inflow
- The ‘psychological contract’ between your employees and your organisation
- Attracting the right people to your team
- How to guide young, talented people
- Are you generation-Y proof?
Module 2: The people manager as a career manager
- How to gain insight into people’s career ambitions and guide them in their career planning
- Your role as a mentor
Module 3: The people manager as a communicator and coach
- Emotions and how to deal with them
- The golden rules of effective communication
- Becoming an even better coach
Module 4: The people manager as a motivator and performance manager
- Does higher motivation generate better performance?
- Customising performance management in your team
- An empowering conversation: how to maximise impact
Dirk is an authority on strategic HR and can bring out the best in you and your organisation when it comes to people management, career management and organisational development. Dirk has carried out numerous teaching and advisory tasks for organisations such as the Ministry of the Flemish Commun...
Koen obtained his Master’s degree in Organizational Psychology and his PhD in Applied Economics at Ghent University. He has been an ICM Doctoral Fellow and was visiting PhD student at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. Currently, he is partner and professor of ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.