The People Manager
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Your employees can make or break your business and its success depends on how you motivate and lead them. As a manager you play a key role in this - which is why people management skills are essential to every manager in every organisation. This programme will hand you the tools needed to boost your employees’ performance and engagement and help make your team even more successful.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'The People Manager'?
- Be able to adapt to the changing role of the people manager
- Learn the key principles for attracting the ‘right’ employees to your team
- Know how to motivate your people and create high performing teams
- Become an expert in coaching your people and communicating with them in an emotionally intelligent way
- Keep talented employees on board and support them along their career path within your organisation
Added value for you and your company
- Know how to motivate your people and create high-performance teams
- Keep talented employees on board and support them along their career paths
- Experience how to communicate in an emotionally intelligent way
- Benefit from our rigorous academic roots
- Build a valuable network and be inspired by peers
'The People Manager' consists of 4 modules. Each module focuses on a particular aspect of people management such as the people manager as manager of the inflow, motivator & performance manager, coach & communicator and career manager.
Module 1: The people manager as manager of the inflow
- The ‘psychological contract’ between your employees and your organisation
- Attracting the right people to your team
- How to guide young, talented people
- Are you generation-Y proof?
Module 2: The people manager as a career manager
- How to gain insight into people’s career ambitions and guide them in their career planning
- Your role as a mentor
Module 3: The people manager as a communicator and coach
- Emotions and how to deal with them
- The golden rules of effective communication
- Becoming an even better coach
Module 4: The people manager as a motivator and performance manager
- Does higher motivation generate better performance?
- Customising performance management in your team
- An empowering conversation: how to maximise impact
Who should attend
- You are a team leader, project leader, business unit manager, small business owner...
- You are recently appointed to a people manager role