Who should attend
For individuals who aspire to take on a management position in the near future and require the necessary skills to prepare for a first line management position.
About the course
Prepare yourself to become a great manager.
Starting your climb up the corporate ladder and preparing to manage your new team can be a daunting task, particularly if you are not equipped with the right skills and knowledge to guide your decisions.
This interactive and practical programme aims to prepare individuals for future management positions by focusing on the 21 things successful people do differently and examining 20 keys to climbing the corporate ladder, the right way. Many people want to climb the corporate ladder but have never seriously examined what it takes to do so.
This programme will expose you to the tools needed to build your influence, not from your current position in the organisational structure, but rather based on you finding your authentic voice. By improving your social intelligence capabilities, this programme will also increase your ability to deal with difficult, yet crucial conversations.
As trust is also an important issue when it comes to influencing, anyone preparing to manage a team needs to master the art of building high levels of trust and therefor the programme will help you understand the dynamics of trust building.
The programme methodology consists of a range of approaches to optimise the learning experience. This will include guided conversations, audio visual resources, reflection exercises, and plenary sessions.
How you will benefit
At the end of this programme, you will:
- Increase your self-awareness by benchmarking yourself against the things successful people do;
- Have a higher degree of assertiveness as a result of finding your authentic voice;
- Be equipped to manage your time and energy;
- Walk away with a practical toolkit for managerial and personal success;
- Learn principles of professionalism seen in higher quality of work and interactions with all stakeholders.
Key focus areas:
- The 21 things successful people do differently;
- 20 keys to climbing the corporate ladder the right way; and
- Keys to leading from the middle.
aul Nyamuda is an organisational psychologist with a dynamic gift of targeting real issues by providing practical solutions. Paul has a Master of Commerce (Research Psychology) degree from Rhodes University. His research focused on leadership development. Paul has worked as both a consultant and ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.