Who should attend
Join a dynamic and diverse cohort of innovators and change-makers. Participants come from a breadth of business and cultural backgrounds:
- Aspiring business owners.
- Serial entrepreneurs wishing to enhance their techniques.
- Corporate executives looking to inject innovative, entrepreneurial thinking.
- Entrepreneurs and innovation leaders within corporations.
About the course
Gain the entrepreneurial expertise to build your own business. Discover how to prepare and launch your venture and pitch to potential investors.
Start up as you mean to go on
Gain the cutting-edge skills, knowledge and entrepreneurial know-how to design and pitch a viable business model and financial plan.
Benefits for you
- Leave the programme with everything you need to launch and grow your own successful business startup.
- Understand how to spot viable business opportunities and gauge market demand.
- Define a robust business model, plan and set of financial projections.
- Put together an effective and resilient early-stage management team.
- Build and execute a successful go-to-market strategy.
- Win customers and grow loyalty.
- Master the techniques of a successful pitch and how to negotiate investment.
Benefits for your organisation
- Empower your innovation leaders with the insight and the toolkit to drive intrapreneurship within your organisation.
- Build a culture of innovation, agility and creative thinking.
- Exploit new opportunities for value creation and competitive advantage through new products and services.
What you learn
Spend 12 intense weeks in interactive, online sessions that explore case studies and draw on the expert support and insight of expert faculty, founders, mentors and peers. Your course director walks you through the key concepts each week and guides you towards deep insight and additional sources of support.
How you learn
- Modules 1 & 2: Mastering entrepreneurial frameworks and creating a compelling value proposition for your customers.
- Modules 3 & 4: Evaluating the market and assessing the addressable opportunity.
- Modules 5 & 6: Building your team and beating the competition.
- Modules 7 & 8: Winning your first customers, defining your go-to-market strategy and designing a profitable business model.
- Modules 9 & 10: Identifying drivers of growth, financial projections and managing security and compliance.
- Modules 11 & 12: Negotiating investment and delivering the killer pitch.
Your learning experience
Learning is online and interactive and happens across six phases:
- Faculty masterclass: Explore the latest academic research, essential frameworks and industry best practice with world-leading entrepreneurship professors.
- Founders insights: Gain invaluable real-world context from company founders with ventures at different stages of growth.
- Industry experts: Acquire insight into a range of topics, from investment to intellectual property, accelerators and incubators, legal issues and terminology.
- Live mentoring sessions: Consolidate your learning, get feedback and ask questions at weekly online sessions in small peer groups.
- Peer support: Give and receive support from other founders and build a strong network that will continue to grow beyond the programme.
- Pitching: Pitch your venture to an Investor’s Committee made up of venture capitalists and angel investors.
Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute BSc (University of Durham), PhD and MBA (Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, Canada) Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 39th in the 2013 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thin...
An award-winning teacher and scholar and one of the world’s foremost thought leaders in entrepreneurship, John brings to his teaching and research 20 years of executive experience in high-growth retailing firms, including two ventures he founded and one he took public. Since becoming an entrepr...
BA MPhil (London), MBA (City), DBA (Harvard) Dr David Arnold’s research focuses on global versus local marketing; marketing strategy; innovation and market evolution; brand management; and global customer management. He has been a strong advocate of local marketing by global corporations. His wr...
John Bates is the founder and a director of Sussex Place Ventures Ltd, the School’s in-house venture capital fund manager. For 10 years he led the School’s practical initiatives in developing entrepreneurial firms. This included €20 million of pre-seed and seed venture capital funds and various n...
Rupert Merson is a leading authority on owner-managed entrepreneurial businesses and the problems they confront as they seek to grow. He has worked as a consultant and facilitator for clients on a broad range of issues including formation, governance, strategy, ownership, remuneration, succession...
Programme Lead VIEW Entrepreneurship Course (University of Oxford) Visiting Professor (Entrepreneurship), Indian School of Business Programme Lead, Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, Spark Accelerator, Melbourne, Australia Innovation and Creativity in Organisations (Warwick Business School Online MBA)
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.