Who should attend
- Loyalty managers
- Marketing consultants
- General managers
- Sales/business development leaders
- Customer experience managers
- Strategy consultants
- Growth hackers
About the course
Retaining customers and increasing their satisfaction for organizational growth
In a highly competitive marketplace, finding new customers isn’t the only way to grow a business. As customer acquisition costs rise in every industry, it pays to make the most of the customers you already have. An existing and loyal customer base is more inclined to be interested in new products, increase spending on your brand and recommend your brand to others.
This online program will introduce you to methods and models that will help you better understand customer value, grow this value and individually target customers – all with the goal of optimizing customer loyalty.
- Learn to identify those customers to target for the greatest value through customer differentiation and customer targeting
- Develop a strategic framework for growing customer loyalty by analyzing the business case
- Apply what you’ve learned by designing a customer loyalty program through the Capstone Project: Create A Consumer Loyalty Program
Module 1 – From Customer Differentiation to Customer Value
Learn to identify which customers to target for the greatest value by analyzing a business from a customer-centric viewpoint, examining steps to developing a customer strategy and determining the lifetime value of your customers both individually and collectively.
- Explore customer heterogeneity, segmentation and differentiation
- Learn how to calculate customer equity
Module 2 - Enabling Customer Relationship Management with Customer Data
Develop a strategic framework for growing customer loyalty by examining strategies to identify, track and predict customer relationships and secure customer value across the customer lifecycle.
- Examine the customer life cycle and customer journey
- Explore strategies and methods to grow customer value
Module 3 - Loyalty Drivers, Personalization and Triggered Marketing
Become familiar with different approaches to conceptualizing and measuring customer loyalty and learn what drives customer loyalty.
- Apply the methods of personalization and triggered marketing
- Develop a customer loyalty strategy with the whole enterprise in mind
Module 4 - Loyalty Economics and the Loyalty Business Case
Understand the customer value proposition and analyze the economics of customer loyalty to develop a business case for a customer loyalty program.
- Learn the structure and elements of a business case for a loyalty program
- Calculate the economics of loyalty
Module 5 - Designing a Loyalty Program
Get a broad overview of the history of loyalty programs and the specifics of their various components, features, and benefits. Apply these elements to the design of a customer loyalty program in the Capstone project.
- Differentiate between “projects” and “programs”
- Design a customer loyalty program
Module 6 - Special Topics and Future of Customer Loyalty Programs
Learn how to extend customer loyalty programs beyond your company by leveraging partnerships and alliances, how companies from packaged goods to startups have successfully launched and maintained loyalty programs and what the future looks like for loyalty in the digital age.
- Examine trends that impact buying behavior
- Learn from failed loyalty programs
Thomas F. O'Toole is Clinical Professor of Marketing and Senior Fellow at the Kellogg School of Management of Northwestern University. At Kellogg, he is engaged in advancing the development, practice and teaching of subjects including: the development and use of data analytics for business advanc...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.