Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All project management professionals, leaders and team members who are engaged in all types of projects, be it large or small, simple or complex. including:
- Project Management Professionals & Leaders
- Project Planners & Estimators
- Quality Assurance Managers & Engineers
- Contract & Procurement Managers
- Project & Discipline Engineers
- Project Delivery Specialists
- Technical Specialists & Technical Assistants
About the course
A project is, by definition, a planned undertaking comprising a set of coordinated and controlled activities, performed to create a new product, service, or result. Without proper planning, coordination and control, a project is highly unlikely to succeed, and the key to success in any project lies in how well that project is managed.
This Technical Project Management course is designed to provide existing and aspiring Project Managers and Leaders with a combination of knowledge, tools and techniques to help them hone and optimise their Project Management skills. This will be achieved during the course through the review and application of practical methods, case studies and exercises specifically selected from a range of projects to cover all key technical aspects of project success factors.
Specifically you will learn to:
- Plan a project by balancing competing objectives
- Proactively identify risk sources, prevent their occurrence and minimise their impacts
- Understand and optimise the relationship between cost and time in project delivery
- Develop mathematical techniques and learn how to apply them in project planning and control
- Evaluate project process and adjust activities accordingly
- The Nature and Context of Project Management
- Sources of Project Variance
- Project Planning & Estimating Techniques
- The Project Control Cycle
- Project Delivery Systems
- Developing Work & Cost Breakdown Structures
- Risk Identification, Assessment & Control
- Project Scheduling & Critical Path Analysis
- Project Progress Monitoring & Control
- Management of Change
- Key Performance Indicators
- Earned Value Management
- Project Reporting & Stakeholder Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.