Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This programme is aimed at middle and senior executives who are planning to be involved in risk management in large national and international projects. The principles of project management will be applicable equally to conventional construction and infrastructure management sectors, service sectors (hotels, airlines, railways, telecom, internet service providers, power plants, call centres, BPOs, IT/ITES projects, defence services projects as well as projects in manufacturing sectors (process industries such as steel, aluminium, polymer, zinc, petrochemicals, cement, pharmaceuticals, etc.), persons involved in planning and monitoring of projects and those in government, financial institutions and other agencies coordinating implementation of various projects.
Participants will be able to get 35 PDUs for Project Management Institute Certification/Upgradation Process.
About the course
Project Management is the science and art of managing the business of an organisation and growth of a nation by translating strategy into successful action. While quite a few Indian projects have achieved outstanding performance and even set international records, Project Management in India still has tremendous scope for improvement. A study by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation estimates the cost and time overrun in projects at INR 187,524 crores (30 billion USD). One of the reasons for India to be lagging behind China in economic development is the absence of certified Project Managers.
Realizing the need for a relevant programme on Project Management, IIMA started offering Executive Education in Project Management in 1985 and has till date trained over 2,080 executives in this area. The focus of the Programme has been on the Implementation Phase – the key area for the success of projects. Besides retaining the focus on the implementation phase of projects, the current programme also includes one session on Project Risk Management.
- To develop an understanding of the tools and techniques for effective management of resources and cost in projects
- To expose participants to the behavioural aspects of project management
- To provide an insight into the network-based project monitoring system
- To discuss various aspects related to contract management, project costing, budgeting and other related topics
- To acquaint participants with project uncertainty and risk management.
- Overview of project management, different stages of a project and slippages in projects.
- Network Techniques: Activity, events, drawing of networks, critical path, float, methods to find critical path.
- PERT: Uncertainty, estimation of activity time, network simulation, project completion probability.
- Public Private Partnership Projects.
- Project Resource Planning: Resource aggregation, resource profile, resource smoothing.
- Behavioural Aspects in Project Management: Project organisation structure, management of project personnel motivation, project manager's role, etc.
- Project Monitoring: Hierarchy of networks, reporting formats, reporting frequency, reporting of cost and work value, rescheduling of projects.
- Contract Management and Legal Aspects: Specification of contracts, criteria for awarding contracts, followup and coordination.
- Project Risk Management: Composite impact factor, composite likelihood factor, risk time, risk cost, expected value method, variation, foreseen and unforeseen uncertainties.
- Discussion on some excellent project management cases in India.
PhD, MIT; BA, Yale University Vishal Gupta is an Assistant Professor in Data Sciences and Operations. Vishal completed his PhD in Operations Research from MIT, focusing on data-driven methods in optimization. He earned his BA in Mathematics and Philosophy from Yale University, graduating Magna C...
Prof. Arnab K Laha is a member of the faculty of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. He takes a keen interest in understanding how analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence can be leveraged to solve complex problems of business and society. He has published more than 25 paper...
Educational Qualifications B.Tech (Hons) -IIT, Kharagpur, 1979 PGDM, XLRI, Jamshedpur, 1988 PGDOR, ORSI, Calcutta, 1988 Ph.D., Northwestern University, USA, 1996. Academic Affiliation Visiting Professor, HEC Paris, May-June, 2011 Faculty, London School of Economics and Political Science, Lo...
Educational Qualifications 1996-99 Ph D (Law), Centre for Law and Society, Department of Law University of Edinburgh, U.K. 1981-84 LLB, Campus Law Centre, Delhi University 1979-81 M Sc (Physics), St. Stephen's College, Delhi University 1976-79 B Sc (Physics), St. Stephen's College, Delhi Unive...
Prof. Naman Desai – Finance and Accounting Educational Qualifications PhD (Accounting), 2008 – Department of Accounting, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL Masters in Accountancy, 2003 – Culverhouse School of Accountancy, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL Chartered Accountant, 2000...