Who should attend
This Oxford Technical Project Management online training course is intended for Project Management Professionals and individuals who want to hone their project management skills. So whatever background you have (i.e., Oil & Gas, Engineering, Information Technology or Business), this online training course will cover both fundamental principles and modern tools of project management.
About the course
It is widely recognized that the field of Project Management is vital to the success of businesses especially during times of uncertainty and operational disruption. As projects become more complex and more organisations move to management by projects, there is an increasing demand for competent project managers. Surprisingly, many projects go wrong, and the question is: why do they go wrong? Most of the answer has little to do with project size or degree of complexity but a lot to do with competent project planning and control. The cause of project failures can often be traced back to poor project definition, planning, or control.
Among the three top desired project management skills, technical knowledge rates as a key component that employers require. While leadership is paramount, the success of a project requires making ‘good’ informed decisions based on solid data. Yet, few managers have had formal training in decision-making and project control. This Oxford Technical Project Management training course provides you with the training you need to estimate, plan and control your project and show you how to translate data into action that ultimately saves the project.
This Oxford training seminar presents insights into:
- Knowledge of Project Economic Evaluation
- Understanding and handling Project Risk
- Develop estimates and budgets
- Understand Project Planning
- Correct application of Project Control
Attendees of this Oxford training seminar will fully understand:
- Project Economic Evaluation and Cash Flow
- Project Estimating and budgeting
- Project planning and scheduling using networks
- Elements of Successful Control Systems and Cost Management
- Techniques for Project Control and Earned Value Management
- Project Reporting
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Development of a skilled workforce which is capable of planning and managing projects
- Systematic and efficient management of Projects
- The increasing success rate of projects meeting quality, time, and budgetary goals
- More efficient utilization of company resources
- Reduction of wasted time and money
Attendees will gain by participation in this Oxford online training course through:
- Ability to plan a project balancing competing objectives
- Proactive identification of risk sources and minimisation of their impact
- Understanding the relationship between cost & time
- Knowledge of mathematical techniques used in resource planning and control
- Evaluating project progress and modifying project plans accordingly
Overview of Project Management
- Projects in Contemporary Organisations
- Project Delivery Systems
- The Nature and Context of Project Management
- Leadership, Power and Influence
- The Project Control Cycle
- Developing a Work Breakdown Structure
- Risk Terminology
- Objective and Subjective Risk Assessment
- Basic Techniques for Handling risk
- Cost Fundamentals
- Cost Estimation: Approximate and Detailed Estimates
- Direct and Indirect Costs
- Fundamentals of Project Planning
- Network Analysis Techniques
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Resource Allocation
- Resource Leveling
- Compressing Schedules
- Monitoring and Control using Networks
- What is a Control System?
- The Concept of Variance
- Time-cost Trade Off
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Earned Value Management
Project Reporting & Advanced Topics
- Economic Evaluation of Projects
- Interest & Bid Unbalancing
- Integration of Estimating, Planning & Control
- Lean Project Management: Concept and Applications
On successful completion of this online training course, Oxford Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE): In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.