Effective Procurement Research
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Improve service whilst costs: an impossible task? With effective management ad leadership, world class company to this every day. “Getting more less” is possible and this seminar shows you how.
In every Supply Chain, the service levels are paralleled with the costs to serve. However, changes to costs have an effect on service levels; as what is done and the way it is done, in turn determines the costs and the service. There is a dynamic trade off relationship between the costs, service and productivity levels in the interacting supply chain operations. Doing things better therefore involves consciously managing the productivity in a holistic way across the supply chain. When this is done, then the outcome is gaining business improvement leadership in the supply chain operations.
This training aims to enhance performance and efficiency by increasing the knowledge and skills of project and support staff in managing the procurement function. Participants will understand the features of purchasing, procurement and the wider discipline of procurement and supply chain management.
- Utilizing resources
- Productivity of process and methods
- Performance of outputs
- Method study
- Work study
- Time studies
- Introduction to Purchasing and its contribution to the organizations
- Key Concepts
- Purchasing Organisations
- The Procurement Cycle
- Purchasing Cycle
Vendor Selection and Evaluation
- Coverage, Discounts and Special offers
- Fulfillment and Shipping
- Ease of Ordering
- Customer Service of Vendors
- When to evaluate (pilot project, ongoing, contract)
- FAQs for evaluating vendor services
- Data Collection for future vendor selection
### Day 4
Strategic Leadership in Procurement Departments
- Strategic leadership tools for procurement professionals in today’s organizations
- Conditions in procurement disciplines that require strategic leadership
- The role of leadership in today’s successful procurement disciplines
- Understanding the role of strategic leadership in delivering procurement initiatives
- How strategic leadership skills change with organizational types
- Delivering strategies using leadership empowerment
Advancing Procurement Contribution
- Attract and Retain Supply Management Talent
- Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies Latest Benchmark Report
- Business Continuity and Contingency Planning for Procurement
- What is Activity-Based Costing?
- Ways that Advanced Procurement can Improve Organizations Finances
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Procurement Staff, Contract Managers, Project Managers, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Engineers and Warehouse Staff.