Who should attend
- Business leaders
- Anyone who wants to have a greater understanding of sustainable business strategy
About the course
The aim of the OXFORD online training course is to develop understanding of Sustainable Business Strategy by exploring changing relationships between businesses, communities and the environment around the world. The course aims to investigate the impact of sustainability on management practice through critical evaluation of corporate activity, drawing on a range of case study examples. It aims to encourage sustainability thinking, challenging delegates to articulate creative ideas for how companies might align resource allocation with environmental and social responsibilities, building a positive climate for engaging people in organisations with sustainability issues.
This online training course explores the meaning and role of “Corporate Sustainability” from a management perspective. It will discuss the emergence of, and rationale for, employee engagement, encouraging delegates to reflect on how sustainability challenges are affecting, and being affected by, business activity.
This course will consider how management’s responsibility to shareholders for delivering financial returns might be balanced with meeting wider stakeholder expectations, highlighting mutual benefits to people and economies. The course will invite participants to reflect on how sustainability policies might be integrated with business strategy and operations, and how this may link with competitiveness and brand integrity.
- Critically evaluate the meaning and role of Sustainable Business Strategy in the context of issues such as global consumption and sustainable development, corporate social responsibility and environmental protection, and stakeholder accountability
- Examine the links between sustainability and corporate activity
- Analyse the role of sustainability in corporate strategy, organisational culture and operations
- Identify creative solutions to embed sustainability in different organisations
- Demonstrate innovative thinking by articulating ideas for overcoming sustainability challenges from a management and organisational perspective
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- The sustainable vision
- Sustainability in the business context
- What is a sustainable strategy?
- Sustainable operations
- The pillars of social responsibility: people, profit and planet
- Sustainable procurement and supplier management
- Sustainable quality
- Measurements of sustainability
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.