Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Executives who intend to shape the future of their organizations.
- Professionals looking to make a difference in society.
- Professionals open to stretching their thinking and experiment, and driven to create a better future.
- Executives in any industry who want to discover how doing good goes hand in hand with doing well.
- Executives who understand the importance of mapping out their future and that of their organizations.
- Investors who look to evaluate companies in terms of their ESG strategy and impact.
About the course
This new purpose program has been carefully designed to help you rethink your organization’s commitment to both the environment and society as a whole. Enhance your business acumen, develop your soft skills and drive innovation while creating a better future for your business and the world.
The Sustainability: Your competitive advantage program allows participants to create new opportunities for their businesses through environmental, social and governance (ESG) frameworks. They will study specific cases that demonstrate how companies can do well by doing good; learn and apply the frameworks to their own organizations and measure the impact; and explore the new type of leadership and governance required to drive these changes.
The program is furthermore a hands-on learning experience where participants will engage with other business leaders, top faculty, and renowned panelists in applied debate and workshops.
In two comprehensive modules, business executives like you will gain the key insights they need to drive measurable change into their organizations using ESG frameworks. You will develop your sustainability mindset in order to prepare to capitalize on technology and other important tools to keep your business ahead of the curve. You will also create a roadmap to ensure your success going forward.
Module 1: The challenge
- Introduction to sustainability and change.
- Who’s who: mapping the context, main actors and trends.
- The link between technology and sustainable business.
- The new role of governance structures in steering sustainability.
- Navigating and applying sustainability at board level, tales from the trenches.
- Why and why now: catalysts for sustainability.
- The circular economy and the environmental impact of business and economics.
- Foresight: purpose-driven innovation.
- Business development opportunities through partnerships.
- ESG as a win-win: ESG case studies and lessons learned.
- Workshop: your why and what within the SDG framework.
Module 2: The response
- How to lead change: a new breed of leaders.
- Creating the case and measuring impact.
- Challenges and tips in leading your team through sustainability.
- Applying sustainability from the board: best practices at board level.
- Mentalization: the use of mental states in sustainability decision making.
- How is the private sector financing a sustainable economy?
- Global structures and financial opportunities.
- Workshop: making a new sustainable business model for my organization.
- Key takeaways and next steps.
Peter’s field of study essentially synthesizes a number of disciplines and fields, including social cognitive psychology, organizational theory, the theory of the firm and competitive strategy. More specifically, he looks at how the behavior of entrepreneurs influences the founding and growth of...
Andrew McCarthyGeneral ManagementProf. McCarthy teaches creativity, design thinking, visual communications, and entrepreneurship at IE. Andrew is an innovation, design, or user advocacy officer with various companies and advisor to a number of start-ups, encouraging groups and individuals to err ...
Enrique DansProfessor of Information Technologies and Systems at IE Business SchoolGeneral ManagementProfessor of Information Systems at IE Business School and Senior Advisor for Innovation and Digital Transformation at IE University. Doctorate in in Management with a specialization in Informatio...
Peter is business and innovation, brand and marketing expert making sense of fast-changing markets, learning from a new generation of business, and inspiring and enabling you to innovate and win.He is a bestselling business author of six books, a keynote speaker, and experienced consultant and co...
IE University’s Social Innovation Director/Academic Lead. At IE she has the mandate to promote Social Innovation academic content across Schools and Programs, encourage more research in Social Innovation and reach out to organizations and partners interested in Social Innovation. IE focuses on th...
Maria is an expert in corporate governance. She has 30 years’ experience in investment banking and is a board member and advisor at a variety of organizations including Indra, Hotelab and IE Business School. She is also a highly experienced professor of Investor Relations.
Leticia is an expert in the development of Impact Measurement Systems, communication, and ESG strategies for companies, including public-private partnerships. She also has 25 years of experience in capital markets and in creating social enterprises from NGOs and foundations.
Specialized in strategy, Professor Garralda has focused these past years on the area of Corporate Social Responsibility, in which, besides giving lectures and programs, he serves as a mediator of CSR from several platforms. He is a Member of State Council on CSR, a body created by the government...
Carlos combines a business professional an academic profile. At IE Business School he has been teaching on part time basis, since 2005, on subjects like Corporate Governance, Business Ethics, Stakeholder Management, Sustainability and the like. In the business front, he is currently Division Dir...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.