Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for HR professionals, managers, and other leaders who wish to inform team and organizational strategies for effective employee growth at the individual and organizational levels.
About the course
Professional development and career transitions create a more highly engaged workforce. You will learn strategies for helping employees develop new skills that provide opportunities for career growth. You will get an overview of tools used to assess natural abilities, skills, motivators, and work-style preferences. Using this information, you will practice assisting employees in developing their career strategies and writing individual development plans (IDPs).
- Create and capture useable career development models and tools
- Construct a process to support individuals in developing personal career goals
- Develop a skill set to aid employees through the process of career planning, individual development plan creation, and decision-making
- Demonstrate employee network building and action-planning support
Career Planning Models and Tools
- Career Planning
- Career Development Tools
- Competency Models
Supporting the Development of Career Goals
- Determining Career Goals
- Developing Coaching Questions
Strategies, Options, Career Planning, and IDPs
- Determining Strategies for Reaching Career Goals
- Assisting with the Planning and Writing of an IDP
Personal Networks and Action Plans
- Building Personal Networks for Career Planning
- Impact of Decisions on Career Advancement
- Development of Personal Action Plans