Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass
Oxford Management Centre
- 5 days
- in person
Oxford Management Centre
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- HR Specialists in Resourcing, Talent and Succession and L&D
- HR Business Partners
- Finance People involved in Planning, Strategic Cost Control
- Line Managers with responsibility for Talent Management
- Senior Managers with responsibility for resourcing their department / division /business
- Senior Managers with responsibility for defining and developing organizational strategy
About the course
From the beginning of the HR profession, one of HR’s key roles has been delivering the new employee to the organization. It is the most visible of HR functions and, in the war for talent, the most important. Identifying organizational human capital needs and then providing a supply of qualified individuals for those jobs is the necessary beginning point for the staffing functions.
Workforce planning is the first step in the workforce management process. In this highly interactive seminar, we will discuss all of the activities needed to ensure that your workforce is the right size and has the right competencies to meet current and future needs.
Just as importantly, the seminar will detail how to ensure that the workforce planning activities are aligned with the organization’s strategic orientation.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How to identify gaps in workforce competencies and misalignment of staffing levels
- How to develop and implement approaches to ensure that the appropriate staffing levels and competencies exist to meet the organizational objectives
- How to plan short-term strategies to develop workforce competencies that align with the strategic orientation
- How to evaluate how the organization' s strategy and goals align with future and current staffing levels
- How to develop techniques for organizational need-gap analysis
- Workforce Planning Analysis, Gathering Data about the current Workforce and Forecasting Future Workforce Needs
- Analyzing Workforce Flow, In, Up, Down, Across and Out of the Organisation, an Important Aspect of Supply Analysis
- Using Statistical Forecasting
- Developing the Staffing Plan and Involving Key Stakeholders
- Accessing a variety of Staffing Options to attain Strategic Goals
- Restructuring the Organization to meet Changing Business Needs
- HR Due Diligence
- Developing and Maintaining Talent Pools
- Succession Planning
- Knowledge Management Systems
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available