Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with MCE.Full disclaimer.
Develop a strategic mindset to increase the success of your strategic plans.
Learn how to strengthen your strategic thinking skills and encourage it in others. Attend this intensive 2-day strategic thinking training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Learn to recognise patterns that impact strategy and enhance your abilities to generate new insights and ideas
- Come to your next strategic planning session with the best possible strategic ideas
- Help your business move forward in an increasingly competitive world
This strategic thinking training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your strategic thinking skills. You will gain a wider perspective of strategy through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your strategic thinking skills & competencies and be able to:
- Explore ways to challenge your assumptions and view your business in a new light
- Learn and apply different thinking methods to avoid groupthink
- Control reactive fixes to problems even in an uncertain business environment
- Generate new ideas and evaluate future scenarios before your competitors do
- Know when to embrace necessary risk, even if resources and information are limited
- Learn to create better short-term goals that support long-term strategy
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Strategic Thinking is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
Strategic Thinking Course Outline:
- Learning Objectives
- Leverage New Skills to Support Your Strategic Thinking Every Day
- Apply a Process to Envision Your Organization’s Desired Future
- Recognise the Influences Within and Outside Your Organization That Could Support or Derail Your Future Goals
- Identify the Changes Necessary to Reach Your Future Goals
- Expand the Number of Perspectives That Influence Your Moves Forward
- Create a Plan for Building Skills and Testing Your Ideas
- Context of Strategic Thinking
- Define Strategic Thinking and Recognise How It Can Be Used in Your Day-to-Day Work
- Compare and Contrast Strategic Thinking to Analytical Thinking, Critical Thinking, and Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- Identify the Characteristics of Strategic Thinkers
- Strategic Thinking Process and Skills
- Explain a Model for Strategic Thinking in Day-to-Day Activities and Work Applications
- List Skills and Tools That Can Be Used to Support Strategic Thinking
- Assess the Current State
- Identify the Influences and Relationships at Different Levels of an Organization That Can Impact a Strategy
- Recognise and Identify Patterns of Interaction and Development That Are Likely to Influence the Effectiveness of a Strategy
- Incorporate Multiple Perspectives on a Possible Strategy, and Assess Different Influences on the Potential Success
- Envision a Desired Future State
- Envision a Desired Future State
- Recognise and Use Thinking Skills That Support Imagining New Ways of Relating to the Market and Customers
- Build Your Path on Paper
- Identify and Sequence the Multiple Steps to Move from the Current State of the Issue/Opportunity to the Desire Future State
- Anticipate the Reactions/Responses of Others in the Larger Systems Impacting Your Situation
- Identify and Conduct Experiments and Tests That Point Your Way Forward
- Implement Your Strategic Knowledge and Skills
- Assess What You Gained from Applying Strategic Thinking Tools to Your Project
- Anticipate Pitfalls You May Encounter as a Strategic Thinker
- Create an Action Plan for Development of Strategic Thinking Skills
Who should attend
If you are a manager, director or leaders who needs strategic thinking skills to gain better business insights and identify trends that can contribute to a more successful business strategy, this programme is right for you.