Who should attend
New or functional managers who want to get leadership & management experience i.e. technically savvy but need more development in leadership and management. Managers and directors of teams or products. Business unit heads looking for development in strategy in this new world order.
About the course
Managers and leaders must not only produce a winning strategy at a given point in time, but also get employees to execute the strategy and adjust it as conditions change. This requires a focus on the content of the strategy and the process behind it. This approach allows leadership to move their organizations from a reactive to proactive culture.
This course explores “Strategic Thinking” to help move executives from short-term problem solving to long-term success. Thinking strategically focuses on decision-making that promotes lasting growth and innovation. This course encourages planning with the future in mind, and moreover, taking those ideas and ensuring they are translated into viable operating plans to create competitive advantages. Participants will learn strategies and techniques to apply these concepts to their own teams, as well as discuss alignment at the organizational, team, and individual level.
- Understand the difference between strategy and strategic thinking
- Recognize strategic thinking competencies
- Explore strategies that create competitive advantages
- Learn how to take big ideas and successfully develop, align, and execute strategy
- Provide vision and clarity to your team in times of change and ambiguity
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Review and evaluate strategy examples
- Actively practice creating short- and long-term strategy scenarios
- Learn the process for developing executable tasks that align with strategy
- Evaluate the components of effective communication to ensure commitment
- Understand the importance of effective visioning to ensure acceptance of associated organizational changes
- Prioritize consistent strategic planning as a long-term goal
Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper is the senior managing partner of Improve Consulting and Training Group, a firm that provides personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation. Improve has been featured in Time Magazine, Black Voices, Smart Business Magazine and Bloomberg Businessw...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.