Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Team Leaders, Managers, Decision-Makers, Planners and Strategic Thinkers.
- Strategy planning Team members of department and Head of departments
- Management Team wishing to advance up the corporate ladder
About the course
As a strategist, you must count on the employees or members of your organization to make sound tactical and operational decisions that are aligned with your desired strategic direction. To ensure that these decisions are well made, your articulated strategic direction and strategic plans must be applicable and clearly related to the issues that people face.
Remember that an effective strategy provides a picture of the desired long term future. In order to make sound day to day decisions, all members of the organization must be able to begin with the end in mind. All steps must ultimately keep the company on course toward the long term objective.
Understanding and planning strategy is a key management skill. A rigid strategic direction seldom turns out to have been the best course of action. To assure that your business is quick and able to react to changes in the marketplace, it is essential that your strategy is flexible and adaptable. As a strategist, you will count on timely and accurate information about market conditions. It is essential to build and employ effective mechanisms for observing and listening to what is going on in the competitive environment. Real-time information, in turn must feed on-going strategic and operational shifts and deployments.
This program is to learn and apply at workplace immediately Strategic Planning techniques taught. 5 days of interactive and lots of practical techniques learned for actual application for your organization immediately.
By the end of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Prepare a vision and mission statement for their own organization
- Apply the steps of strategic planning to their specific situation back at work.
- Understand the context of strategy in modern management thinking
- Review the process of Strategic Planning and Strategy Formulation
- Learn various techniques in Strategy planning for the organization.
- Understand how the Strategic Management Team relates to the Operations Management Team
- Think and act strategically when facing competitive challenges, establishing sustainable competitive advantages, and improving the performance of their organization.
- Prepare the necessary action plans, performance measurements and feedback/control mechanisms
Day 1 – Overview of Strategic Management
- Evolution of Strategic Management
- What is Strategy? – The Concept
- Strategy in context
- Understanding the Strategic Planning Process
- Core Values
- Working with Purpose
- Steps of Strategic Planning and Control
Day 2 –Science of Strategic Thinking
- What’s happening now?
- Mind of the Strategist
- Strategic Creative Thinking
- Latest trend of Strategic Thinking
- Key Factors
- The Vision
- A Note on Strategic Vision
- The Mission
- Evolving Strategy defined
- Creating the right environment
- Developing integrated strategy
- Exercise: Drafting a Mission Statement
- Formulation of Vision and Mission Statements
- OMTI and Values
- Balance Scorecard
Day 3 –Task Environment and Analysis
- What is the Task Environment?
- Elements of the Task Environment
- The Role of the Strategic Management Team
- The Role of the Operations Management Team
- One-to-One Needs Analysis
- Issues to be addressed to your Organization
- Analyses that is required to understand your current situation
- Strategic Planning Audit – Customers
- Market Segmentation
- Applying 80:20 Market Share
- Critical Success Factors
Day 4– Strategic Planning Audit
- Business Environment Trends
- Driving Forces that affect demand for your products/services
- Strategic Planning Audit – Competitors
- Analysis of Competitive Positioning
- Prioritizing of Key Competitors; Key Competency Areas; Key Clients, and Future Plans of your Competitors.
- Company’s Rating on Critical Success Factors
- SWOT Analysis
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Opportunities & Threats
- Understanding Strengths & Weaknesses, based on Strategic Auditing.
Day 5 - Establish Objectives and Strategies for Three Years and One Year
- Objectives and Strategies for the Organization based on SWOT Analysis
- Practical Frameworks on: Gap Analysis
- Implementation Plan: Actions & Key Performance Indicators.
- Strategic Plan Implementation and Execution activities.
- Actions to match objectives and strategies set for business over the next three and one year.
- The final Strategic Plan
- Layout of the Plan
- Strategic Plan Template
- Developing performance measures and control systems
- Key Performance indicator
- Balance Scorecard
- Presentation of strategic Plan for organization
- Evaluation and Summary
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.