Who should attend
This workshop is ideal for current and emerging leaders, change managers, salespeople, entrepreneurs and professionals who need to be able to persuade and move people to action.
About the course
Establish credibility, explain the complex, trigger emotional connections and move people to action through strategically used stories.
- Clarify your objective(s) and select the right stories to match.
- Better understand your audience: their needs and motivation.
- Tailor your storytelling message to achieve outcomes.
- Use stories to increase your credibility and connection.
- Bring facts and figures to life.
- Develop and practice storytelling techniques.
What is covered in the course?
- Increasing engagement with stories - why ‘telling is not selling (or connecting)’.
- How stories engage us emotionally and bring facts and figures to life.
- What makes a good corporate story and where to find them.
- Weaving in your own personal stories to increase your credibility.
- How to modify stories to time and context: The Grab, The Pitch, The Presentation.
- Storytelling models and how to apply them.
How will I benefit?
Filled with practical and insightful models, tools and techniques, this intensive workshop will enable you to harness the art and power of storytelling at work.
How will my organisation benefit?
You will unlock powerful stories that will help to connect people to ideas, projects, and change.
Your organisation will gain an individual who can better represent their business and reinforce its key points of difference.
Sharon has a knack for making the complex simple. She believes that ‘passionate people persuade’ and that to make your message stick, you need to balance information with delivery style. Sharon’s background is in sales and marketing and along the way has studied business administration, marketing...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.