Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Development practitioners, freelance consultants, evaluators, heads or field officers from multilateral or bilateral agencies, donors, NGOs, charities, foundations, international organisations in charge of:
- Designing and performing quality control of development projects
- Managing and overseeing the implementation of projects
- Reviewing, monitoring and evaluating projects
About the course
Manage meaningful and sustainable change
Meaningful development results can be achieved only via a deep understanding of the needs of the beneficiaries and a solid engagement with the stakeholders concerned. During the entire project cycle, project management practices must be adapted to reflect the complexity of social change and to translate proposals into actions that improve communities’ development and deliver positive change within the time and resources available.
- Successfully design, implement, monitor and evaluate a development project in changing and complex contexts
- Create tangible and sustainable change in collaboration with your stakeholders
- Gain deep understanding on how to engineer, steer and evaluate social change
Designing change for sustainable development
- Project management according to Project Cycle Management and Results-Based Management frameworks
- Understand the challenge(s), assess the context and analyse the stakeholders
- Choose the right operational strategy: from the theory of change to the logical framework
Tools and practices for adaptive project implementation
- Elaborate the budget of a development project
- Develop management operational tools: calendar, monitoring plan, risk management system, project governance, and communication plan
How to design and conduct an evaluation
- Learn how to connect the theory of change and the evaluation framework
- Scoping the evaluation approach and framework
- Zoom in on impact evaluations and its methodological implications
- Conduct an evaluation from the Terms of Reference to the final report
GUIDOTTI Matteo lectures in several programs at The Graduate Institute. Here he is also the Head of the Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices (DPP) for African English speaking countries, and a Research Associate with the Centre on Conflicts, Development and Peacebuilding (CCDP)....
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.