Strategic Marketing Programme
Marketing in a globalised and digitised world
Marketing is globalised; marketing is digitised. The days of isolated or shielded markets – closed to foreign suppliers or competitors – are no more. All companies now operate in an international environment where customers can be scattered around the globe and new entrants can emerge from any economy with different business models and cost structures.
The Strategic Marketing Programme is a five-day intensive course that will sharpen your marketing skills, including designing, organising, executing and evaluating marketing activities in this complex global environment. You will explore today’s big marketing challenges, such as the impact of social media on brand management, low-price competition and market commoditisation.
Reframing current challenges as opportunities and providing participants with conceptual and practical tools, you will return to your worplace ready to make a difference.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Build a marketing plan. Learn how to build a marketing plan based on customer insight and competitor analysis, including segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Develop a brand strategy. Develop a brand strategy and positioning, leading to the creation and management of communication, pricing and distribution strategies with a focus on new social media.
- Evaluate new markets. Explore the implications of serving multiple markets and of the emergence of new markets as opportunities for sales growth and as threats – resulting from new brands entering your home markets.
INSEAD’s Strategic Marketing Programme is a highly practical programme organised around the marketing process with a core focus on designing and executing a marketing plan. Using contemporary case studies and the INSEAD-developed DiG (Discovery, Innovation and Growth) simulation, you will gain hands-on experience of marketing in an international context – with learning to take back to your organisation for immediate and lasting impact.
Regardless of your business background or experience in marketing, this programme will equip you with a thorough understanding of marketing strategy and how to make the best use of all the elements of the marketing mix to deliver successful marketing plans in an international context. Topics covered include the following.
- Choosing where and how to compete
- Foundations of marketing and application to your industry
- Strategic importance of branding, targeting and positioning
- Behavioural economics, consumer psychology and the key principles of consumer and managerial decision-making
THE MARKETING MIX
- Translating strategy into action
- Role of new media, including risks and opportunities
- Methodology to analyse your brand identity and evaluate its consistency
- Role of market research in developing strategies
- Importance of managing the product line and sales funnel to adjust to local needs
- Allocation of resources to different elements of the marketing mix
TURN LEARNING INTO PRACTICE WITH THE DIG SIMULATION
During the programme you will have plenty of opportunity, through the case study method and through the DiG (Discovery, Innovation and Growth) simulation, to experiment with turning theory into practice – so that you return to your role with immediately actionable tools, skills and confidence. The DiG simulation will enable you to:
- Fine-tune your own understanding of the knowledge you have acquired, taking you out of your comfort zone but in a safe and risk-free environment
- Develop leadership skills for customer-centricity, innovation, sustained growth and team performance
- Gain a clear view of the whole marketing process from customer insights to innovation, marketing deployment and value creation.
Who should attend
The Strategic Marketing Programme is designed for executives with, or about to take up, marketing responsibilities and for those executives outside the marketing discipline whose role interacts with this function. Participants usually come from the following career levels:
- Senior functional manager
- Functional manager
- Specialist new to marketing.