Strategic Analysis for Competitive Advantage
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Strategic decision making is critical for a firm’s success in a liberalized and globalized environment. Its significance is even greater in the current economic context. To develop effective strategies, managers have to constantly assess their resources and competencies, analyze their competitor moves and critically assess their fast changing business context.
The programme aims to develop in the participants a good understanding of the important analytical techniques used for strategy formulation in companies and their applicability in different contexts to enable them to become effective strategists and organization builders within their organization.
The key areas to be covered include the analytical, behavioural and creative aspects of strategy formulation and implementation at the business unit level. The case method will be used extensively to cover the broad areas below:
- Managing the Firm Strategically
- Creating Organizational Vision
- Resource and Competence Analysis
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Analyzing Industry Structural Change
- Financial Analysis for Competitive Advantage
- Analyzing Competitive Position & Dynamics
- Analyzing Strategy at Business / Functional Levels
- Generating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage at the Business level