Who should attend
The course is for professionals who want to learn more about what social media marketing is and how to approach it, both strategically and tactically to support their businesses. It is suitable for social media marketers at both a beginner and intermediate level aiming to learn new social media skills.
Our typical participants include people such as social media marketing managers, coordinators, account directors, communication managers, project managers, sales managers, and creative directors. We also have entrepreneurs and even professors, musicians, and producers.
About the course
Learn how to lead your target group through your conversion funnel by creating interactions and engagement in your social media channels.
Drive growth and create value using social media
Explore and practice the techniques driving growth and value in your business using social media channels and content strategies. This course will help you learn how to navigate social contexts locally and globally and explore platforms, technologies and trends. You will develop a mindset of how to work in this field in order to support everyone involved to work more effectively with social media and digital content.
During this course you will be guided by social media experts and course facilitators and you will get hands-on working with real business cases. Learn what tactics, concept, platforms and approaches you can take to engage your customer and add value to your organization.
What you will learn
By the time you finish this course, you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Create a strategy for your social media that keep up with today’s climate
- Create engaging content that’s relevant to your audience
- Learn about the different platforms and how they can create synergies working together/side by side
- Learn how to structure your marketing team to work optimal together with your social media strategy
- Create goals and KPI’s for different sort of marketing efforts
What you will be doing
Week 1 - Social Media Principles
- Landscape of social media, community behaviors, and segmenting target networks
- How fast does social change?
- People, communities, and networks – The complexity in how we engage with each other
Week 2 - Strategy & goals
- Tactics and diagnosis of your conversion funnel
- How to set your social media goals
- Develop a social media strategy
- Tactical approach to social media
Week 3 - Concepts of content
- Content types and brand campaigns
- Creative concepts that engage communities
- Content types that meets your goals
- Videos, pictures and texts – Tips and tricks
Week 4 - Channels
- How does Algorithms work?
- All you need to know about platforms
- Get the most out of the platforms functionality
Week 5 - Workflow
- Project management
- Planning and selling SoMe campaigns
- Budgeting for organic posts and ads
Week 6 - Springboard
- Create an action plan
- Trends – How do you know what’s coming next?
How you will learn
The Hyper Island approach is different from a traditional online course. We combine hands-on learning in your workplace with a fast-paced online environment to create a powerful experience that truly pays off.
- Every Sunday, the weekly module is introduced. You will receive a Learning Kit consisting of original content and insights to maximize your knowledge. The course content is available for you to go through at any time you choose during the week.
Join live sessions
- The one-hour online webinar session is scheduled on Thursdays 15:00-16:00 CET and held by social media experts and course facilitators. They will dig deeper into the weekly module content and discussing questions and challenges. You can join it live or watch the recording in your own time.
- Every week, there will be hands-on tasks and challenges to solve. They are designed to integrate with your work to build your competence. The deadline for sharing your results from your challenges and reflection on the process will be on Sundays.
Peer learning and perspective
- We find that much of the learning comes through interactions and discussion from your peers on the course. As part of your journey, we expect you to read other participant ́s work and share your perspective to create an interactive participatory experience. In return, you will get feedback on your work.
- This course is designed to be flexible to your schedule. The time commitment is individual, however you are expected to spend approximately 5-7 hours per week on your learning.
Thomas Björk, Course leader and facilitator Thomas has been part of Hyper Island since 2009 in different roles, such as Program Manager for Digital Data Strategist program and delivering our Digital Acceleration course. Currently he is also leading our Online Digital Marketing Course and Data Dr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.