Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Shape the future, lead the change and build competitive advantage.
Designed for leaders who are ready to shape the play, rather than merely responding to it, this course challenges traditional top-down approaches to strategy. Working on a live strategic challenge, you will experience a ground-breaking strategic reasoning simulation and develop fresh perspectives on strategy execution, decision-making, innovation, customer value proposition and the challenge of business model reinvention.
What you’ll learn
Working with an experienced faculty team led by renowned international strategy expert, Professor Doug Stace, you will learn new approaches, gain fresh perspectives and redefine how you think about strategy, to more effectively:
- Execute and lead the strategic direction of your organisation and business area
- Understand that ‘what got us here, will often not get us there’ in a rapidly changing environment
- Develop strategy and innovation as vitally linked activities
- Challenge mental models which impede important strategic shifts
- Examine the potential of strategic ‘game-changers’ to create value
- Assess risk, and to ask the right questions in making risk/reward assessments
- Assess the importance of Business Model renewal in a changing environment, particularly the impacts of technology in shaping value
- Utilise valuable conceptual frameworks, tools and techniques in developing and shaping strategy
- Engage in purposeful implementation of key directions and strategies
- Lead and manage Strategic Change – involving a unique diagnosis and mapping of the process of strategic change in your organisation, and business unit
How you’ll learn
This is a highly interactive course, facilitated by faculty with combined academic and practical depth. The course will be liberally illustrated with insights and cases from both local and international companies and organisations.
You will take part in a range of experiential learning applications, using tools and techniques designed to challenge and clarify potential strategic choices, and to shape better value for both external and internal stakeholders.
Tools, frameworks and techniques in developing and shaping strategy
- Strategic Breakpoints Analysis
- Pushing the Boundaries in Shaping a Strategic Roadmap
- The Innovation Cycle
- Customer Value Proposition
- Business Model Canvas
- Risk/Reward Matrix
Managing Strategic Change
- Diagnosis and mapping of the change process
- Going live: executing strategy
- Leading the change back in your organisation
- Optimising strategic choices
- Enhancing judgement capability amid complexity and ambiguity
- Make effective risk/reward assessments
Business Model Renewal
- Assess the importance of Business Model renewal in a rapidly changing environment
- The impacts of technology advances in value creation
An accomplished strategist, with years of commercial and business experience, Jeffrey works with organisations to improve customer experience and increase revenue growth by transforming the way they do business. He is a thought leader on innovation and collaboration, and his work is being applie...
A leading strategist, management author and facilitator of strategic change, Doug is a Professorial Fellow Visiting Professor at UNSW Business School, and Visiting Professor at Cass Business School, London. As a former executive he brings a refreshing blend of practical experience linked to inte...
Shanie specialises in business growth and value creation. She has extensive experience in developing companies and businesses including evaluation of performance and prospects, strategic and financial analysis, asset management, innovation and entrepreneurship, and all phases of the acquisition, ...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.