Who should attend
Sales professionals who wish to gain control over the financial implications of the selling process and better understand the financial workings of business. As they progress through their careers in sales and sales management they will inevitably be more exposed to financial decision making. This course provides the understanding they will need.
About the course
It’s no secret that the sales industry continues to change and evolve rapidly. This is an exciting and dynamic profession, although it is often underrated and misunderstood. The back-slapping, high pressure, joke-telling sales person has disappeared. In his place is a new generation of sales professionals: highly trained and well groomed, with the characteristics of honesty, trustworthiness, and competence.
This Selling Smarter workshop will help you teach participants how to be one of those smart sales professionals
## Course Objectives
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain and apply concepts of customer focused selling.
- Use goal-setting techniques as a way to focus on what you want to accomplish and develop strategies for getting there.
- Apply success techniques to get the most out of your work.
- Understand productivity techniques to maximize your use of time.
- Identify ways to find new clients and network effectively.
## Course Outline
- To begin, participants will explore consultative selling and the efforts-result matrix. Participants will also discuss how to build trust and credibility with their clients.
The Sales Cycle
- During this session, participants will look at the steps of the basic sales cycle: initiate, build, manage, and optimize.
- In this session, participants will learn about the power of the mind and how to use that to build a professional, confident image.
Setting Goals with SPIRIT!
- Next, participants will use the SPIRIT acronym to create positive, achievable goals.
The Path to Efficiency
- During this session, participants will share their time management tips, and we will offer some ways of maximizing your time.
- This session will look at the four needs of customers and how we can use them to sell smarter.
- Next, participants will explore the three types of selling. Participants will also discuss the importance of perceived value.
Ten Major Mistakes
- This session will look at the ten biggest mistakes salespeople make. Participants will then brainstorm ways to avoid or rectify these mistakes.
Finding New Clients
- During this session, participants will discuss how to find new clients and how to network.
- To wrap up the day, participants will look at the advantages and disadvantages of selling price.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.