Who should attend
About the course
This training package is all about developing and sustaining employee motivation. You'll be able to teach participants how to set goals, identify values, design motivating jobs, and create a motivational climate.
This workshop will help you teach participants:
- What motivation is
- Common motivational theories and how to apply them
- About the carrot, the whip, and the plant
- How fear and desire affect employee motivation
- Ways to create a motivational climate and design a motivating job
- What is Motivation?
- To begin, participants will explore motivation through a fun activity.
- Supervising and Motivation
- Next, we will look at three everyday objects that represent three approaches to motivation: the carrot, the whip, and the plant.
- During this session, participants will explore Maslow's and Herzberg's theories of motivation.
- For the pre-assignment, participants were asked to answer some personal questions about motivation. During this session, they will discuss their responses.
- Goal setting is an important part of motivation. This session will look at a SMART way of setting goals.
- During this session, participants will explore their feelings about various motivational factors.
- This session will look at the reinforcement theory, also called the behavioral theory, of motivation.
- Next, participants will learn about the expectancy theory through a fun exercise and group discussion.
- During this session, participants will work on several motivational case studies.
- This session will explore methods of designing (or redesigning) motivating jobs.
- To wrap up the day, we will look at the ten things you can do to motivate employees on a daily basis.
- At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Motivational Theories
- Fear and Desire
- Setting Goals
- The Role of Values
- Creating a Motivational Climate
- Expectancy Theory
- Applying Your Skills
- Designing Motivating Jobs
- A Motivational Checklist
- Workshop Wrap-Up
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.