Secure Software Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Learn good practice and techniques for developing software in a way that prevents the inadvertent introduction of security vulnerabilities in mobile, enterprise, web-based and embedded software systems. This three-day course contains a mix of lecture and hand-on exercises that emphasize not only the development of code that is secure, but as a result of the application of secure coding techniques, is maintainable and resilient.
What You Will Learn
- Background, impetus, and concepts for developing secure code
- Introduction of the top secure coding standards for software systems
- How to incorporate secure coding practices into the Software Development Lifecycle
- Introduction to software security for embedded software systems
- An overview of embedded code security vulnerabilities
- How to develop defensive embedded software architectures
- Techniques for adding security to deployed software systems
- An overview of mobile device security
How You Will Benefit
- Develop foundational knowledge of the concepts, techniques and standards that guides the development of software that reduces the risk of deploying code that contains exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Learn good design principle and practice for developing software systems that are secure and robust.
- Understand techniques for conducting static code analysis and reviews that seek to identify vulnerabilities in legacy code and code under development.
- Learn techniques for securing legacy software systems.
- Develop good working knowledge of techniques for securing data at rest and in motion.
- SECURE CODING STANDARDS
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE
- DESIGN PRINCIPLES FOR SOFTWARE SECURITY
- STATIC ANALYSIS AND CODE REVIEW
- SOFTWARE TESTING
- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE SECURITY
- EMEBEDDED CODY SECUIRTY VULNERABILITIES
- DEFENSIVE EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURES
- SECURING DATA AT REST AND IN MOTION
- SECURING LEGACY CODE
- ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION SOFTWARE SECURITY
- ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION SECURITY VULNERABILITIES
- DEFENSIVE ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION ARCHETECTIVES
- MOBILE DEVICE SOFTWARE SECURITY
Who should attend
This course is designed for hands-on managers, lead engineers, and software developers that are interested in learning the theory and practice of developing maintainable, robust, and secure software.