Secure Software Development
Learn good practice and techniques for developing software in a way that prevents the inadvertent introduction of security vulnerabilities in mobile, enterprise, web-based and embedded software systems. This three-day course contains a mix of lecture and hand-on exercises that emphasize not only the development of code that is secure, but as a result of the application of secure coding techniques, is maintainable and resilient.
What You Will Learn
- Background, impetus, and concepts for developing secure code
- Introduction of the top secure coding standards for software systems
- How to incorporate secure coding practices into the Software Development Lifecycle
- Introduction to software security for embedded software systems
- An overview of embedded code security vulnerabilities
- How to develop defensive embedded software architectures
- Techniques for adding security to deployed software systems
- An overview of mobile device security
How You Will Benefit
- Develop foundational knowledge of the concepts, techniques and standards that guides the development of software that reduces the risk of deploying code that contains exploitable vulnerabilities.
- Learn good design principle and practice for developing software systems that are secure and robust.
- Understand techniques for conducting static code analysis and reviews that seek to identify vulnerabilities in legacy code and code under development.
- Learn techniques for securing legacy software systems.
- Develop good working knowledge of techniques for securing data at rest and in motion.
- SECURE CODING STANDARDS
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE
- DESIGN PRINCIPLES FOR SOFTWARE SECURITY
- STATIC ANALYSIS AND CODE REVIEW
- SOFTWARE TESTING
- EMBEDDED SOFTWARE SECURITY
- EMEBEDDED CODY SECUIRTY VULNERABILITIES
- DEFENSIVE EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURES
- SECURING DATA AT REST AND IN MOTION
- SECURING LEGACY CODE
- ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION SOFTWARE SECURITY
- ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION SECURITY VULNERABILITIES
- DEFENSIVE ENTERPRISE AND WEB APPLICATION ARCHETECTIVES
- MOBILE DEVICE SOFTWARE SECURITY
Who should attend
This course is designed for hands-on managers, lead engineers, and software developers that are interested in learning the theory and practice of developing maintainable, robust, and secure software.