Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, engineers, and other technical professionals with growing responsibility for cybersecurity design, administration, management, or network administration. It also applies to professionals in government or data-rich industries, such as energy, finance, healthcare and defense, whose roles are highly impacted by the security of data, as well as professionals moving into cybersecurity roles.
About the course
As many business sectors become increasingly information centric and network reliant, cybersecurity is becoming a critical pillar of the enterprise. Cybersecurity: A Systems Approach explores information security vulnerabilities and how to approach cybersecurity resilience as a complex system. Examine effective frameworks for assessing and managing information security within an enterprise architecture, approaching challenges from a top-down systems engineering approach. Practice newly learned techniques through workshop exercises that explore topics such as identifying vulnerabilities, defining threats, assessing risk, and designing a security plan.
What You Will Learn
- Information security principles
- Systems engineering approach
- Vulnerabilities, threats, and exploitations
- Protections and defenses
- Risk reduction
How You Will Benefit
- Develop foundational knowledge of the principles of information security and the nature of cyber defense.
- Understand how systems engineering processes are effectively applied to securing complex, connected systems.
- Develop a linkage between enterprise architecture and business processes.
- Learn techniques for evaluating threats and risk so that you can make proactive decisions to reduce the impact of security breaches.
- Develop and practice your skills for assessing risk/threats, designing a security plan and providing a path for business continuity in the event of a security incident.
INFORMATION SECURITY PRINCIPLES
- Confidentiality, integrity, availability
- Identification, authentication, authorization, and audit
- Identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING APPROACH
- Requirements analysis
- System analysis control
- Functional analysis
- Design synthesis
VULNERABILITIES, THREATS, AND EXPLOITATIONS
- Attack surface
- Threat actors and threat vectors
- Stages of attack
- Modern malware
- Insider threat
PROTECTIONS AND DEFENSES
- Secure software design
- Defensive technologies
- Business continuity planning
- Penetration testing
- Risk management frameworks
- Systems engineering approach to design secure systems
Read more about Cybersecurity
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.