NICF- Architecting Software Solutions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
In today’s fast-paced world, organisations are constantly developing and deploying applications to meet business objectives. However, despite efforts to improve engineering practices and technologies, software intensive systems continue to present formidable risks and difficulties in design, construction, deployment and evolution.
This course is the only one of its kind to focus on solution architecture with emphasis on software qualities such as security, availability, performance and maintainability. Participants will learn about architectural concepts through a combination of lectures and scenario-based workshops for enterprise applications. The course equips the participant with the necessary technical skills to design robust, secure and maintainable architectures.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the application architecture fits into the broader context of business goals and enterprise architecture
- Design the architecture with emphasis on the software quality attributes and their tradeoffs
- Design common application integration components
- Describe the software architecture with views and viewpoints
- Perform threat modelling to identify the threats, vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate controls
- Undertake capacity planning
What Will Be Covered
- Introduction to Solution Architecture
- Architect the Solution Architecture
- Design Highly Available and Secure Architecture
- Design Performance for Architecture
- Perform Capacity Planning for Architecture
- Ensure Maintainable Architecture
Lectures and workshops
Who should attend
This course is for:
- System Analysts
- Software Engineers who aspire to be equipped with skills in solution architecting for enterprise applications
- Project Managers and Project Leads who are needs to be involved in architecture solutioning in the project
Participants should have experience in at least one cycle of the software development. Participants should also be familiar with UML, object oriented design as well as at least one programming language (eg. Java).