Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- System Analysts
- Software Engineers who aspire to be equipped with skills in solution architecting for enterprise applications
- Project Managers and Project Leads who are needs to be involved in architecture solutioning in the project
Participants should have experience in at least one cycle of the software development. Participants should also be familiar with UML, object oriented design as well as at least one programming language (eg. Java).
About the course
In today’s fast-paced world, organisations are constantly developing and deploying applications to meet business objectives. However, despite efforts to improve engineering practices and technologies, software intensive systems continue to present formidable risks and difficulties in design, construction, deployment and evolution.
This course is the only one of its kind to focus on solution architecture with emphasis on software qualities such as security, availability, performance and maintainability. Participants will learn about architectural concepts through a combination of lectures and scenario-based workshops for enterprise applications. The course equips the participant with the necessary technical skills to design robust, secure and maintainable architectures.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the application architecture fits into the broader context of business goals and enterprise architecture
- Design the architecture with emphasis on the software quality attributes and their tradeoffs
- Design common application integration components
- Describe the software architecture with views and viewpoints
- Perform threat modelling to identify the threats, vulnerabilities and recommend appropriate controls
- Undertake capacity planning
What Will Be Covered
- Introduction to Solution Architecture
- Architect the Solution Architecture
- Design Highly Available and Secure Architecture
- Design Performance for Architecture
- Perform Capacity Planning for Architecture
- Ensure Maintainable Architecture
Boon Kui is passionate with processes and methods in development of software systems. His current teaching interests in ISS include Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns for object-oriented software systems. His current research interests centre on the formalization of user-specified dec...
Sarita Singh received her Ph.D. degree for her work done in the area of Information Security (Cryptography). She is the recipient of the prestigious Infosys fellowship for pursuing her Ph.D. Programme. She has more than twenty-five years of work experience in areas including teaching and researc...
Dr. Venkat Ramanathan has wide experience in the fields of IT and business process engineering. He has served industry and academia for over 26 years and has been instrumental in attracting businesses worth several millions through software consulting for clients across Asia, US, Europe and New Z...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.