Who should attend
Professionals and leaders from all sectors and backgrounds who want to make a positive impact. No prior experience in finance is required, an optional introductory finance Bootcamp will be offered.
We particularly encourage those from the following professions to apply:
- CFOs, investor relationship managers from the corporate sector
- Managers/Principals from private or corporate foundations
- Institutional and private investors
- Asset managers, wealth managers, investment consultants and other financial professionals
- Managers from development finance institutions, government bodies, international organisations
- Development/Impact consultants
- Philanthropists, social investors and social entrepreneurs
About the course
Bring about the next generation of investment strategy
Broaden your horizons
Develop a portfolio with purpose and profit to drive real change in the world! Through the certificate, you will receive key insights on innovative finance and build your impact investing skills at the heart of sustainable finance in Geneva.
- Explore SDG initiatives on a wide range of global projects through case study analysis and best practices from public, non-government and private-sector organisations
- Develop expert knowledge of SDG investing methods and tools
- Learn how to design an innovative investment instrument
- Develop impact analysis skills
- Learn how to gear a conventional portfolio towards the SDGs
- Build a network of SDGI practitioners
The course is divided into two parts:
The first part focuses on how to bring more finance to SDG driven investments and projects.
The second part of the course focuses on how to bring more SDG framework to more traditional projects, companies, investments and portfolios.
*Landscape of SDG Investing *
- Learn about key facts and figures
- Identify players and their roles
- Explore the regulatory environment
*Investment process and instruments *
- Familiarise with existing SDG investing instruments
- Structure SDG investing processes
- Create innovative finance mechanisms for the SDG investing
- Build a SDG driven investment portfolio
*Measuring the Impact *
- Critically review existing tools and approaches to measure impact
- Evaluate the effect of your portfolio and organise your impact reporting
Major Trends Looking Forward
- Discover Fintech and relevant technological developments (Blockchain, AI, Machine Learning, Big Data)
- Understand Public Private Partnerships in SDG investing
- Dive into the third dimension of finance
Bertrand started his career in the Investment Banking arm of BNP Paribas in 1997 in Singapore, before joining the Wealth Management business line in Paris. In 2003, Bertrand moved to Geneva where he created the Responsible Investments offering of the French bank, designing innovative investment s...
Areas of expertise: International Political Economy, Finance, Behavioural Finance, Investments, Cognitive Neuroscience, Social Physics, Political Behaviour, Diplomacy, International Negotiations, Economic Statecraft in Conflict Resolution, Data Science and Time Series Econometrics
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.