Who should attend
Senior executives from a broad range of financial professions and international organisations.
- Private bankers/wealth managers and client relationship managers.
- Portfolio managers, pension fund and endowment trustees.
- Board members and C-suite executives.
- Insurance companies and independent financial advisors.
- Family offices and high-net-worth individuals.
- Consultants, legal counsel, risk managers and senior analysts.
About the course
Enhance your returns and reduce your risk. Get a strategic view of different asset classes to maximise the performance of your portfolio.
Optimise your investment strategy
Deepen your understanding of investment management with cutting-edge insights and practical trading simulations on this programme for investment professionals.
Benefits for you
- Gain fresh perspectives and insights from world-class faculty Narayan Naik and Stephen Schaefer to select individual investment instruments, evaluate strategy and measure performance.
- Make better decisions. Gain a deep understanding of the investment process and explore the latest techniques with real-world case studies.
- Minimise the effects of market volatility on your portfolio. Understand risk management and achieve greater returns.
- Optimise your portfolio and achieve maximum returns. Explore alternative asset classes, such as real estate and commodities.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of fixed income and derivative instruments.
- Ensure effective performance evaluation using appropriate measurements and benchmarking.
Benefits for your organisation
- Explore and evaluate your company’s strategic investment management strategy and portfolio performance.
- Enhance returns, manage and reduce risks. Gain practical and effective investment tools and theory that are immediately applicable in your organisation.
- Accelerate the development of high potential employees with strong senior management potential.
- Communicate the unique value and positioning of your organisation to your employees.
What you learn
- Gain a practical understanding of equity and fixed-income portfolio management.
- Investigate cutting-edge portfolio theory in a fully practical context.
- Understand both passive and active investment vehicles, explore behavioural finance and look at the different factors in performance evaluation.
- Explore alternative asset classes, macroeconomic trends, and current and future asset management trends.
How you learn
- Conduct a top-down review of practical case studies, analysing the impact of different investment strategies and decisions.
- What would you do with $1,000,000 to invest? Take part in a real-time group trading simulation and design your best investment strategy.
- Access the latest financial thinking with our industry thought leaders and expert guest speakers, and exploring topics including commodities, behavioural finance biases and artificial intelligence.
- Gain practical understanding of investment management trends, and deepen your knowledge of innovative financial themes such as robo-advisors, regtech and fintech.
Your learning experience
- Give theoretical models a real-world context. Leverage our connections to leading financial organisations in London, and develop a broader global perspective.
- Engage with expert faculty, Professors Narayan Naik and Stephen Schaefer, and get the latest thinking from our economic expert Professor Andrew Scott.
- Collaborate and network a diverse global peer group to explore different cultures and markets, share personal experiences and debate the industry’s latest hot topics.
Professor of Finance; Joint Chair, Finance Faculty BTech (IIT Bombay), MBA (IIM Ahmedabad), PhD (Duke) Professor Narayan Naik is recognised as one of the leading experts on hedge fund investing. Over the last decade he has authored a significant body of work in hedge funds benchmarking, perform...
Stephen Schaefer has published widely on fixed income markets, risk management, credit risk and financial regulation. His recent research includes a study of corporate default in the US over the past 150 years which was awarded first prize in the 2011 Fama/DFA award – for the best paper published...
João Cocco is a Professor of Finance at London Business School, a Research Fellow of the Centre for Economic Policy Research, a Fellow of the Centre for Financial Studies, and a Founding Member of the CEPR Network on Household Finance. He holds an MA and a PhD degree in economics from Harvard U...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.