Strategic Investment Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with London Business School.Full disclaimer.
Enhance your returns and reduce your risk. Get a strategic view of different asset classes to maximise the performance of your portfolio.
Optimise your investment strategy
Deepen your understanding of investment management with cutting-edge insights and practical trading simulations on this programme for investment professionals.
Benefits for you
- Gain fresh perspectives and insights from world-class faculty Narayan Naik and Stephen Schaefer to select individual investment instruments, evaluate strategy and measure performance.
- Make better decisions. Gain a deep understanding of the investment process and explore the latest techniques with real-world case studies.
- Minimise the effects of market volatility on your portfolio. Understand risk management and achieve greater returns.
- Optimise your portfolio and achieve maximum returns. Explore alternative asset classes, such as real estate and commodities.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of fixed income and derivative instruments.
- Ensure effective performance evaluation using appropriate measurements and benchmarking.
Benefits for your organisation
- Explore and evaluate your company’s strategic investment management strategy and portfolio performance.
- Enhance returns, manage and reduce risks. Gain practical and effective investment tools and theory that are immediately applicable in your organisation.
- Accelerate the development of high potential employees with strong senior management potential.
- Communicate the unique value and positioning of your organisation to your employees.
What you learn
- Gain a practical understanding of equity and fixed-income portfolio management.
- Investigate cutting-edge portfolio theory in a fully practical context.
- Understand both passive and active investment vehicles, explore behavioural finance and look at the different factors in performance evaluation.
- Explore alternative asset classes, macroeconomic trends, and current and future asset management trends.
How you learn
- Conduct a top-down review of practical case studies, analysing the impact of different investment strategies and decisions.
- What would you do with $1,000,000 to invest? Take part in a real-time group trading simulation and design your best investment strategy.
- Access the latest financial thinking with our industry thought leaders and expert guest speakers, and exploring topics including commodities, behavioural finance biases and artificial intelligence.
- Gain practical understanding of investment management trends, and deepen your knowledge of innovative financial themes such as robo-advisors, regtech and fintech.
Your learning experience
- Give theoretical models a real-world context. Leverage our connections to leading financial organisations in London, and develop a broader global perspective.
- Engage with expert faculty, Professors Narayan Naik and Stephen Schaefer, and get the latest thinking from our economic expert Professor Andrew Scott.
- Collaborate and network a diverse global peer group to explore different cultures and markets, share personal experiences and debate the industry’s latest hot topics.
Who should attend
Senior executives from a broad range of financial professions and international organisations.
- Private bankers/wealth managers and client relationship managers.
- Portfolio managers, pension fund and endowment trustees.
- Board members and C-suite executives.
- Insurance companies and independent financial advisors.
- Family offices and high-net-worth individuals.
- Consultants, legal counsel, risk managers and senior analysts.