Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for QHSE officers and coordinators, supervisors, foreman, team leaders, middle managers and for individuals seeking health and safety as career.
About the course
The course will cover what hazards are, how we identify them in the workplace and how they can affect people, property and cause loss to a business. How we assess risk and plan to reduce risk. What are Inspection and Audits and how they can be used to improve the Health & Safety of employees leading to reduced incidents and accidents?
Hazards in the workplace can lead to serious injuries or long term health issues if not identified and assessed for risk. Employees time off work leads to extra costs for a company and possible legal action. Reducing workplace accidents and injuries by identifying hazards and planning to reduce their impact is good business, leading to reduced costs, better employee morale and increased productivity. Learning how to identify hazards and incorporating this into health & Safety audits and workplace inspections is good business.
Learning how to identify hazards, how to eliminate or reduce their impact as an individual is key to working safely. Taking part in health and safety audits and workplace inspections improves teamwork and helps colleagues work safely together. Reducing injuries and accidents to yourself and fellow workers helps build a safer working workplace for everyone.
## Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand about hazards, types and effects
- Identify risk and how to reduce it
- Determine unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and why they are important
- Discuss about health & safety inspections and audits
- Understand how inspections and audits can be utilized to improve workplace safety
- Explain how to priorities actions arising from audits and inspections
Introduction and What We Will Cover
- Health and Safety Arrangements
- Domestic Arrangements etc.
- Hazards - Definition
- Effects of Hazards
- Recap - day 1
Hazards in Detail
- Unsafe Acts / Unsafe Conditions
- Recap - day 2
- Risk assessment as a tool
- Law and Hazards
- Recap - day 3
### Day 4
What are Inspections/What Are Audits?
- Why carry these out
- Workplace Inspections - how, who and when
- Outputs from Workplace inspections
- Recap - day 4
- What are they and why different
- How do we audit, what do we look at
- Summary of Day
- Check of learning requirements
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.