Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and for those who are requiring refresher training and to all personnel required to operate a Tower Crane.
About the course
This course will provide the participants with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Tower Crane and to give foundation training and assessment towards the achievement of a Construction Plant Competence Scheme Trained Operator Card. This is the qualification you will need to be allowed to work on any Major Contractor Site.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
- Carryout a pre-start inspection.
- Operate the crane safely in response to given tasks.
- Respond to and work with a slinger using recognized hand signals.
- Recognize defects and hazards that affect crane motions.
- Determine the responsibilities under Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation
- Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Introduction to Machine
- Pre-start Inspections
- Controls and Instruments
- Slinging and Operating to Signaler’s Signs
### Day 4
- Methods of Extending/Reducing Radius
- Effects of Shock Loading
- Operator Code of Practice
- Automatic Safe Load Indicator
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.