Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is intended for all construction supervisors, civil engineers and inspectors.
About the course
This course is intended for civil engineers who are interested in the area of inspection, assessment and repair of concrete structures. This course enables delegates already familiar with what concrete is, to develop skills in effective specification, production and end users of concrete. The course also covers basics as well as advanced concepts up-to-date technology.
The delegates will be provided with detailed course material and will be familiarized with various features on concrete construction.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Explain the nature of concrete and determine slag and fly ash properties as well the properties of admixtures and concrete mixes
- Employ inspection, quality control, sampling and testing on concrete sites
- Monitor and supervise repairs and health and safety on concrete site practices
- Select precise materials and apply specifications, concrete production and quality assurance on concrete structure
- Discuss the principles of concrete mix design
- Inspect and perform sampling and compliance testing
- The Nature of Concrete
- Portland Concrete, Slag and Fly Ash Properties
- Properties of Admixtures and Concrete Mixes
### Day 2
- Inspection and Quality Control of Concrete
- Sampling and Testing Concrete on Site
- Concrete Faults
- Effective Supervision of Repairs
- Health and Safety Practices
- Reinforced Concrete Site Practice
- Selection of Materials — Cements, Aggregates, Additions and Reinforcement
- Concrete Mixes and Specifications
- Concrete Production and Quality Assurance
- Principles of Concrete Mix Design
- Inspection, Sampling and Compliance Testing
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.