Role of the Managing Director
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Institute of Directors.Full disclaimer.
Power your potential with this one day intensive course designed to equip you with practical and pragmatic insight into the role and responsibilities of the managing director.
Whether you are newly appointed, or looking to improve your performance with a fresh perspective, our expert course leaders will share the latest best practice in strategic leadership with further guidance on accountability, authority and constraints.
This course provides a unique opportunity to assess your performance and plan your development. Share individual experiences and views with other managing directors and take away practical insights that will enable you to make a real impact in your organisation.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the role of the managing director in relation to the purpose and objectives of the board
- Describe the MD's role in defining and communicating corporate strategy, leading and motivating the organisation and managing change
- Balance the unique responsibilities associated with managing the organisation's operations and setting out corporate strategy
- Differentiate between the roles of managing director and the chair
- Appreciate the issues and principles associated with the corporate governance debate