Who should attend
All individuals who are involved in planning, managing or controlling projects, including:
- Project Owners and Clients
- Professionals whose roles involve leading and directing projects
- Project Managers, Risk Managers and Project Team Leaders
- All Personnel who are involved in carrying out project work assignments
- Project Administrators, Supervisors and Support Staff
- Project Planners, Schedulers, Cost Controllers and Engineers
- Personnel working for project contractors and suppliers
About the course
Project management is all about the effective management of risks; the ability to seize opportunities, minimise threats and optimise results. However, project risk management is too often treated as a reactive process, or worse, not done at all. In this Project Risk Management & Compliance training course, you’ll work through the proactive approach to both sides of risk: threats and opportunities. The approach applies a proven 6-step methodology of risk planning through to identification, analysis and control.
This Oxford training seminar is designed to help project teams and businesses accurately and efficiently identify, quantify, and mitigate risks which threaten to disrupt, or derail, their projects. The course content is applicable to all industry sectors where projects are undertaken and are of a value and nature that necessitate formal risk management. It is tailored for all personnel who are either involved in, or responsible for, the successful delivery of these projects.
This Oxford training course is based on the latest PMBOK 6th edition and also applies the principals of ISO 31000:2009, “Risk Management - Principles and Guidelines” and ISO 31010:2009, “Risk Assessment Techniques”.
Specifically, you will learn to:
- Develop an overview of the Risk Management Process
- Learn to identify risks that affect project quality, time & schedule, cost and scope
- Apply useful techniques to identify, analyse, mitigate and monitor risks in the project life-cycle
- Learn how to create an effective risk monitoring plan and risk management strategies
- Use a practical, six-step process to manage project risk
- Develop a risk budget based on Expected Monetary Value (EMV)
This Oxford training seminar will focus on:
- Risk Management Planning
- Project Context and Risk Boundaries
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis & Evaluation
- Risk Response Planning, Implementation & Control
- Applied Project Risk Simulation
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.