Who should attend
All applications should normally:
• Hold at least a full-qualification at NQF level 8 (e.g. Honours degree or a PostGraduate Diploma) from an approved university, technikon or other institution.
• Have a minimum of 3 years full-time relevant practical work experience, preferably at a management level.
• Be proficient in English.
About the course
Within all business sectors today, there is a need for professionals who are capable of managing a variety of large and often complex projects within the specified budget and time frame. By developing “in-house” project management skills, it will be possible to maximise business advantage by enhancing communication, improving planning and control, and meeting project goals and objectives on brief, on budget and on time. The current certificate course is aimed at managers, consultants, decision makers, developers, facilitators, NGO’s and any other professional who would like to improve their ability to manage projects. It is also aimed at short course participants who may be considering registering for an MBA-degree. That is, it provides the opportunity to experience an MBA class and to earn a credit towards a Rhodes MBA. The course is presented over four days, with classes running from 8.00am to 6.00pm daily, except on the last day, which will end at 2.00pm.
This course is certificated at NQF level 9, and has a credit value of 6. A certificate of competence will be issued to delegates who pass the required assessment at this level. Letters of attendance will be issued to those who do not meet the competence requirements.
At the end of the course participants will be able to initiate, contribute to, terminate, and evaluate a project.
• The sustainable Project selection process
• Define the scope of a project involving all stakeholders;
• Develop a project plan;
• Manage the implementation of a project;
• Risk and Quality management
• Complete the project by ensuring transition to ongoing operations;
• Performing a post-implementation review;
• Apply project management software such as MS Project.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.