Project Management Certificate Program
The Project Management certificate program at the University of South Carolina was designed and developed to provide experienced professionals with the advanced skill sets necessary for organizing and leading productive projects within the business arena.
Enhance your professional skills and marketability!
USC’s Project Management certificate program was intended for professionals who want to distinguish themselves and validate their project management expertise by obtaining the globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification through the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI®). Our program provides the 35 hours of training required to take the PMP® certification exam. The program thoroughly explores the inner and outer workings of project logistics, management, constraints, risks and execution necessary to deliver projects within the desired scope. Our program provides:
- Intensive, focused training with PMP® certification mapping and lesson labs following the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®)
- A PMP® certified instructor with over 20 years of project management training experience
- Instructor assistance in the completion of your PMP® credential application
- Certification from the state's premier university, which enhances your résume
Even if you choose not to pursue your PMP® certification, any professional responsible for managing projects will benefit from this certificate and training. Whether in the private or public sector, individuals who have earned their project management certificate will have the expertise to execute successful projects.
Program Focus Areas
The certificate program will cover:
- Process of Project Management
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Developing and Managing Cost Estimates and Budgets
- Planning Quality, Staffing and Communication
- Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Responses
- Executing, Managing and Controlling Project Work
- Closing Project Work
- Curriculum Overviews
About PMP® Certification
Project Managers can distinguish themselves and validate their expertise by obtaining the globally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification through the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI®).
Benefits of the PMP® Certificate
- Globally recognized certification
- Increased marketability
- Competitive salary opportunities
- Competency to lead and direct projects
PMP® Certificate Requirements
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education or
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education*
USC’s Project Management Certificate program provides the 35 hours of training required to take the PMP® certification exam.