Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for new program and project management professionals seeking their FAC-P/PM Entry level certification.
About the course
Requirements development and systems management are critical components of project and program management. Given that scientific, management, engineering, and technical skills are used in system planning, research, and development, you must understand these concepts before moving forward on a large-scale project or program. With an overview of Federal acquisition processes and guidelines through exercises that build on each other, you will gain the knowledge and experience to successfully develop requirements and manage to them. This course is verified to meet the requirements for the Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) at the Entry-Level.
- Illustrate the federal acquisition process and the key planning documentation used by program managers
- Analyze the role of the program manager in developing and managing requirements
- Discuss key technical management processes and tools used in systems engineering
- Evaluate the importance of the test and evaluation (T&E) process in acquisition decisions
- Discuss the application of total Life cycle systems management (TLCSM)
- Create an on-the-job (OTJ) action plan
Federal Acquisition Overview
- Federal Acquisition Process
- Key Regulations and Policies
- Acquisition Strategy
- Integrated Project Team (IPT)
Requirements Development and Program Management
- Acquisition Life cycle
- Requirements Overview
- Requirements Management
- Attributes of Good Requirements
- Agency Project Cycle
- Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Total Ownership Cost (TOC)
- Risk Management
- What Is Systems Engineering?
- Life Cycles
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer (SE)
- Capability vs. Requirement
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Systems Engineering Planning Documents
- Technical Performance Management
- Design Considerations
- Risk Management in Systems Engineering
- Technical Engineering Specialties
Test and Evaluation
- Product Life cycle
- Project Quality Management
- Verification and Validation (V&V)
- Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Types of Test and Evaluation
- Planning and Demonstrating Technology Development Efforts
- Test and Evaluation (T&E) Plan
Life Cycle Logistics
- Implementing Total Life cycle Systems Management (TLCSM)
- Life Cycle Planning
- Product Support
Putting It All Together
- Lesson Overview
- Exercise: Part 1— Identify Major Deficiencies
- Exercise: Part 2—Requirements Development and Management Process
- Exercise: Part 3—Systems Engineering
- Exercise: Part 4—Test and Evaluation
- Exercise: Part 5—Life Cycle Logistics
- Exercise: Part 6—Team Recommendations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.