Project Management for Non-Project Managers
Many professionals, in some way or another are tasked to complete projects in their daily work environments. Yet, many do not have the necessary formal training and skill-set to streamline and manage their projects in a more structured and timeous manner.
By definition, project management is the discipline and process of managing the end-to-end activities within a project life-cycle. This includes activities such as planning, monitoring and controlling, budgeting, resource managing as well as maintaining the morale of the project team. To add to the complexity, all these activities are simultaneously carried out to achieve the project objectives on time and to the specified cost, quality and performance, in line with the strategic intent of the organisation.
In addition, success is not only measured by delivery and closure of the project, but by the manner in which it was executed and whether it was line with the original expectations and business case.
This 2 day programme will provide you with the tools and techniques needed to successfully lead, manage, execute and evaluate projects in your day-to-day operations.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe the key principles of project management;
- Use and interpret key project tools and documents;
- Plan projects;
- Monitor projects;
- Control projects;
- Report on projects;
- Identify and manage key stakeholders and
- Understand the fundamentals of project leadership
Key focus areas of this programme include:
- Key principles of project management;
- Project lifecycle vs. methodology vs. approach;
- Mechanics of execution;
- Key project artefacts (documents); and Effective execution and critical success factors for effective delivery.
- Project simulation and application throughout the lifecycle of a project; and Project planning monitoring, control and reporting.
Who should attend
- Individuals who are required to manage projects and their delivery but who do not necessarily have the required project management knowledge and skills;
- Individuals who are members of a project management team who would like to learn more about the fundamentals of project management; and
- Individuals who have recently become involved with project management who need to gain an understanding of project planning and execution to improve business performance.
This programme is ideal for individuals with at least five years' work experience.