Who should attend
- Individuals who are required to manage projects and their delivery but who do not necessarily have the required project management knowledge and skills;
- Individuals who are members of a project management team who would like to learn more about the fundamentals of project management; and
- Individuals who have recently become involved with project management who need to gain an understanding of project planning and execution to improve business performance.
This programme is ideal for individuals with at least five years' work experience.
About the course
Learn how to streamline and manage projects more efficiently and effectively in everyday business activities.
Organisations more than ever are under pressure to operate and deliver more effectively and efficiently, place greater emphasis on streamlining internal operations, increase focus on customer needs, on superior service delivery in relation to competitors and within shorter timeframes, in order to retain their existing customer base as well as to increase their market share.
This shift in mindset requires managers to have the ability to execute and effectively utilise their resources to the best of their ability to derive direct tangible value through the projects they initiate. In today's economic climate, Organisations ability to deliver against their strategic intent is a critical component to staying competitive and overall relevant.
Project Management is the discipline and process of managing the end-to-end activities within a project life-cycle from the planning, monitoring and control of all aspects of the project to budgeting, resource management and the motivation of all those involved; to achieve the project objectives on time and to the specified cost, quality and performance, in line with the strategic intent of the organisation.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe the key principles of project management;
- Use and interpret key project tools and documents;
- Plan projects;
- Monitor projects;
- Control projects;
- Report on projects;
- Identify and manage key stakeholders and
- Understand the fundamentals of project leadership
Key focus areas:
- How projects fit within organisational structures
- What constitutes project success?;
- What are the key principles and constructs of a project?;
- Understanding the natural project lifecycle and the importance of adopting a project methodology (PMBOK®)
- Depicting project management as a process with critical working components (systems thinking approach).
- PRINCE2® process review;
- Key project artefacts;
- Importance of the project approach you adopt with reference to the waterfall and agile approach; and
- Key roles within the agile approach.
- Key process to agile.
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.