Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
All members of a project team who would like an introduction or a refresher course on project planning fundamentals, as well as those who have time constraints and cannot commit to a multi-day training class.
About the course
This one-day, hands-on seminar covers the fundamentals of project planning and focuses on the initiation and planning phases of a project. A combination of lecture and class exercises is used to better convey the course material. It also covers the fundamentals of CPM (Critical Path Method) scheduling to give users a solid foundation for scheduling work.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Teach students how to initiate and plan projects by:
- Becoming familiar with the PMBOK® Guide process
- Understanding the roles and responsibility of the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and Team Member
- Learning the phases and steps that each project must goes through
- Learning how develop effective Work Breakdown Structures
- Producing project schedules using the 4 types of task relationships
- Understanding Critical Path and how its calculated and displayed
- Compress and optimize schedules