Project Management Boot Camp
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UMass Lowell.Full disclaimer.
This one-day, hands-on seminar covers the fundamentals of project planning and focuses on the initiation and planning phases of a project. A combination of lecture and class exercises is used to better convey the course material. It also covers the fundamentals of CPM (Critical Path Method) scheduling to give users a solid foundation for scheduling work.
Learning Objectives and Outcomes
Teach students how to initiate and plan projects by:
- Becoming familiar with the PMBOK® Guide process
- Understanding the roles and responsibility of the Project Sponsor, Project Manager and Team Member
- Learning the phases and steps that each project must goes through
- Learning how develop effective Work Breakdown Structures
- Producing project schedules using the 4 types of task relationships
- Understanding Critical Path and how its calculated and displayed
- Compress and optimize schedules
Who should attend
All members of a project team who would like an introduction or a refresher course on project planning fundamentals, as well as those who have time constraints and cannot commit to a multi-day training class.