Who should attend
This course is ideal for those in any industry or sector who are working on projects. You do not need a university degree to attend. Past participants have included:
- Project coordinators
- New managers and project managers
- Those undertaking unique projects
- Corporate department heads
- Senior executives with business planning responsibilities
- Systems, manufacturing and operations personnel
- Engineering professionals
- Technology managers and research managers
- Event managers
About the course
Practical and effective management techniques for the successful project manager Taught successfully for over 20 years to thousands of individuals, in hundreds of companies and from a wide range of industries this course will teach you fundamentals of project management. You will be able to use these concepts the very next day on your projects thus giving you the edge over your competition. This Fundamentals of Project Management workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation. You will be able to practice what you learn on a project of your choosing from your work.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from the University of Victoria.
What you will learn?
As the course title indicates, in this course you will learn the fundamentals of project management. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a Scope Statement for the project to depict what is in scope and what is not
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to establish effective resource and duration
- Develop duration estimates using various techniques
- Develop a preliminary schedule using Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Establish effective adjustments, including risk responses, to the preliminary schedule
- Accurately update the schedule based on work performance
- Evaluate the schedule and budget variances and how to resolve them
- Project Management Foundation Concepts
- Project Management Process Groups & Knowledge Areas
- Scope Statement
- Stakeholder Assessment & Key Decision Makers
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Estimating Resources, Durations and Costs
- Schedule Sequencing
- Risk Management Planning
- Schedule Development, Trade‐off Analysis and Baseline
- Project Execution
- Monitoring & Controlling Project Work
- Integrated Change Control
- Project Close‐out
Biography Douglas B. Boebinger, PMP, has spent the last 25-plus years assisting companies in various industries as a project manager, consultant and trainer to implement project management and improve their project processes. Doug received his undergraduate and graduate degrees from Purdue Univer...
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.