Who should attend
This course is intended for all project administrators of large projects, project managers of small projects, project office staff and other project support staff. The course is not specific to any industry and is suitable for those who wish to develop a disciplined and methodical approach to their administrative duties.
About the course
Many different organizations and industries structure their work into projects. The function and role of Project Administrator is a critical one to the success of each project and, in turn, to the success of the business itself. This course is specifically designed for those who work in a project support role or who need to introduce a project approach to their work. Course content is based on best practices in the project management profession and references the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body-Of-Knowledge (PMBOK), the de facto standard for contemporary project managers throughout the world.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Distinguish between project and non-project work
- Perform ms project tasks e.g. Update progress, extract reports
- Understand the significance of a project's critical path
- Identify project stakeholders and their roles and needs
- Define project administrator duties and prepare a job description
- Interpret information from project management tools e.g. Gantt chart, wbs
- Create reports using templates e.g. Time sheets, status reports, risks & issues
- Manage/administer project communications, meeting administration, record keeping, documentation control, finances, contracts, procurement, billing, payments and assets
- Co-ordinate project changes and administer project quality control
- Projects and the project landscape
- Project management and project life cycles
- Project stakeholders and the project team
- Project admin duties
- PM tools
- MS project introduction and demonstration
- Project finances and reporting
- Project contracts and control
- Document management
- Personal effectiveness & team skills
- Project communications
- Experiential construction game
- Apply the learning
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.