Who should attend
This Professional Certificate course is useful for senior to top management leaders, business leaders, digital strategists or equivalent, who are leading or part of an executive team for strategizing and overseeing the implementation of digital transformation for their organisation. The course will enable participants to gain an independent certification that verifies their knowledge and competency as a digital transformation leader.
This is an intensive hands-on 6 days course, and participants will expect to do prior readings, class preparation and engage actively in class discussions and projects. Participants will follow the curriculum offered for the same module in the Master of Technology in Digital Leadership program.
- Given the strategic orientation of the module, participants should typically have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Participants should have some prior knowledge on digital business and how digital transformation enhances business competitiveness
- Applicants may be required to furnish supporting document for consideration to join the course
About the course
We are in an era of rapid change brought about by the Industry 4.0. Digital is transforming industries and people’s life at an unprecedented pace. Every business will eventually become a digital business. A business goes through transformation to become digital, where a digital transformation is the journey of leveraging digital assets and capabilities to fundamentally rethink and radically redesign an existing business to become a digital business. Mastering digital transformation requires a deep understanding of how business models are enable by digital technology and a clear strategy and leadership to navigate this radical change.
Strategic Thinking & Digital Foresight is a necessary pillar to enable the digital transformation journey while a carefully considered strategic response is invaluable in approaching digital disruptions.
Digital transformation is inherently complex, high risk and filled with uncertainty, long-term planning is no longer something that will differentiate organisations. This module will focus on reinventing strategy process, capabilities for boundary scanning and developing thinking agility and flexibility that respond quickly to changing environment.
This course will enable participants to learn, adapt and apply skills for strategic thinking and develop robust digital foresight to identify market opportunities and turn disruptions into compelling value propositions.
- Adapt and apply strategic thinking, digital foresight scanning and sense-making techniques for a digital transformation journey
- Lead strategy development, scenario planning and drivers analysis to create the digital transformation
- Apply divergent thinking for digital trend analysis and technology adoption
- Develop business strategies and value propositions driven by digital opportunities and foresight
- Envisage potential scenario and strategic response to ‘Best Case’, ‘Most Probable’, ‘Worst Case’ and ‘Black Swan’ scenario for the future
- Design the implementation of a flexible strategy process and foresight programme in the organisation
- Analyse the strategic implications of foresight findings for the organisation
- Influence the “future” by communicating and drive change for digital strategy
What Will Be Covered
- Digital First Mindset for Strategic Thinking Mindset
- Creative Strategic Thinking for Digital
- Strategic Futures and Digital Foresight
- Divergent Thinking for Digital Technology Adoption
- Blue Ocean Strategy for Digital Business Transformation
- Implementing Strategic Thinking and Digital Foresight Programme
- Strategic Thinking Workshop – Future of Strategy for Smarter Business
- Developing a Strategic Foresight Canvas
Chi Siong is currently the Chief of MTech Digital Leadership Programme and the Deputy Chief of Digital Strategy & Leadership Practice at the Institute of System Science (ISS), National University of Singapore. Chi Siong joined ISS from GIC Private Limited, where he was the Senior Vice Presid...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.