Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for operators, technicians, maintenance personnel, and engineers in the fields of industry, gas turbine plants, heavy industry, electricity and water authority, chemical processing industries and oil industry.
About the course
This course presents the concepts and techniques of Maintenance, Reliability Management preventive, Predictive Maintenance and Machinery Failure Analysis. It is specifically designed to meet the needs of managers, engineers, assistants and all technical personnel involved in maintenance. The course starts with maintenance strategies, concepts, techniques and spare parts management system. It covers the role, impact, cost, and benefits of preventive and predictive maintenance. It also covers the condition based maintenance techniques and Machinery failure analysis in details. It covers the role, impact, cost, and benefits of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM). It also covers the RCM techniques, software, and methods such as the seven stages of RCM and FMECA; in additional to the implementation steps. Total productive maintenance (TPM) program implementation is presented. By the end of the course, the participants will be able to establish the maintenance system and techniques suitable to their own facilities.
## Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the maintenance concepts and techniques
- Understand the concept, performance measures, and analysis of preventive and predictive maintenance
- Describe the maintenance and reliability management as the basis of maintenance
- Identify preventive maintenance planning and scheduling
- Discuss the causes, effects, and goals of a successful preventive maintenance program
- Explain how a computerized preventive maintenance program can be developed and implemented
- Gain knowledge of the potential contribution of preventive and predictive maintenance technique to maintenance efficiency and performance
- Gain knowledge of the condition based maintenance techniques and applications
- Apply a practical approach to developing an action plan to utilize preventive maintenance in trainees area of responsibility, fitting into the overall maintenance organization and strategy
- Understand the concept, performance measures, and analysis of RCM
- Gain knowledge of the potential contribution of RCM to maintenance efficiency and performance
- Illustrate guidelines indicating how RCM interacts with and supports other elements of maintenance strategy particularly condition monitoring and CBM
- Apply a practical approach to developing an action plan to utilize RCM and TPM in the trainees area of responsibility, fitting them into the overall maintenance organization and strategy
- Types of Maintenance, Maintenance Strategies, Developments in Maintenance
Preventive Maintenance (PM), concepts, modeling & analysis
- Introduction, PM Program Goals, Preventive maintenance advantages and disadvantages, Criticality & Vulnerability analysis and Assessment, Asset Criticality
Maintenance Logistics, Spares and cost Modeling & Optimization
- Asset Management, Types of Decision, Equipment deterioration types, Spare parts management
Risk Based Maintenance
- Understanding Risk, 7-Steps of RBM, Failure Mode Effect & Critically Analysis (FMECA).
Condition Based Maintenance
- Condition Monitoring Techniques, Vibration monitoring, Vibration analysis, Thermography, Oil Analysis, FFT Spectrum
- Analysis, Electric analysis, Water inspection, Visual Inspections, Ultrasonic inspections, Other Techniques
- System reliability, Achieving and improving system reliability., System configurations, Failure rate, Failure over time and equipment life cycle, Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), Availability.
Failure Detection and Analysis
Maintenance forecasting & capacity planning
Understanding Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance Performance Measures - Availability & OEE
- Reliability centered maintenance Process and implementations
RCM implementation-organization and sustaining benefits
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- The participants will be divided to small groups and discuss the implementation method of learnt techniques in their work
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.