Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
To achieve maximum value from this course everyone who has a stake in developing and executing a plan to maximize total performance should attend. Send a team from maintenance, operations, management, materials, human resources, purchasing, accounting, quality, safety and engineering. See the cover for information on team discounts.
About the course
The maintenance and asset management practices in your organization determine whether your operation is considered to be a financial drain but a necessary evil, or a well-run business unit which operates utilizing principles and tools developed to ensure safety, improve productivity and increase profits.
If you want your operation to enjoy the pride of being recognized as a core part of your organization and a key contributor to its success, then this intensive two-day workshop will help you achieve your goal.
Designed to help you optimize the value of your maintenance operation, this interactive program will boost your understanding of maintenance and reliability principles, outline the performance roadmap you need to drive improvement, and equip you with the tools and knowledge to develop a plan… A plan of improvement which you can immediately begin to apply upon your return to the workplace. The practical knowledge you gain from participating in this seminar will propel you on your journey to building a competitive and cost effective organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will have gained a solid understanding of the key elements of successful shutdown management:
- You will receive a comprehensive notebook, complete with charts and valuable information developed specifically for this course and as a valuable reference tool when you return to work
- You won’t leave this course simply having heard a lot of talk about maintenance and reliability. You will bring knowledge and tools back to the workplace which you can utilize immediately to identify and implement improvements in your organization
- This course is specifically focused on making the best use of your valuable time
- Assessment, Gap Analysis
- Plan of Improvement
- Education for all – this is not simply a Maintenance thing!
- The Vision Statement
- Integrating the Vision
- The Mission
- Core Values
- Developing Partnerships and Commitment
- Building the Business Case (Return On Investment)
- Management’s View – Show Me the Money!
- Creating a sustainable environment for change
- Learning to manage people
- Creating a strong vibrant workplace
- People fundamentals
- Supervising people
LEADING THE CHANGE
- Where does the time go?
- Exercise: Resource utilization
- Proper job/work planning
- Scheduling and coordination
- Organizational structure
- Typical Maintenance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Critical Maintenance KPIs
- Often overlooked KPIs
- Leading and lagging indicators
- Sources for KPI data
- Reporting information
- Costing information
- Benefits of costing information
- Equipment history review
- Ensuring history review validation
- Understanding the cost of maintenance
- Defining Maintenance and Operations costs
- Cost of ineffectiveness exercise
PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES
- Required and supporting workflows
- Loss elimination
- Continuous improvement
- Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Lubrication practices
- Operations equipment care
- Role of a CMMS/EAM
- Predictive Maintenance (PDM) Technologies
- Reliability Engineering
- Equipment and Process design
- Getting the foundation established for success
- Six sigma
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED)
SUMMARY AND WRAP-UP
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.