Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
In spite of this age of unprecedented access and opportunity for women in the workplace, women still lag far behind men in positions of power and leadership. This course will help women leaders and emerging leaders identify necessary tools for leadership, hone communication and negotiation skills, understand the role of emotional intelligence and cultural competence in achieving success, and harness the power of networking. This course will help identify common mistakes that impede influence and advancement. Participants will assess their current leadership skills and gain tools to enhance and solidify their position as an undeniable leader.
- Assess your leadership skills
- Navigating the "double binds" of women in leadership
- Establishing and increasing your visibility
Connect not just communicate
- Listening is essential to communicating
- Gaining and building credibility
- Giving and receiving feedback
Understanding and enhancing your emotional intelligence (eq)
The art and craft of negotiating
The power of networking
- How to network strategically
- Making your network work for you
- Creating a roadmap for success
- Identifying and arranging your priorities
Dr. Debbye Turner Bell is a veterinarian, journalist, minister, motivational speaker, wife, and mother. For three years, she served as the lead U.S. news anchor for Arise News, a global cable news network. She hosted a daily evening news broadcast called “Arise America”. Currently, she can be see...