Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is applicable to engineers and other technical staff who need a sound understanding of power transformer operation, maintenance, troubleshooting or testing.
About the course
This course is designed to provide delegates a detailed and up-to-date overview of power transformer operation, testing, practical problem and solution. It covers the basic concepts of transformer including the main electric parameters and law, magnetism and laws, magnetism and electromagnetism, Lenz and Faradays Laws, circuits, star and delta connections, theory, the role of transformers in power systems, standards, regulations and voltages as well as the various types and construction of transformers.
The course will also cover the special transformers, transformer components, materials, cooling of transformers, transformer performance, electrical parameters and transformer faults. During the course, participants will be able to employ proper protection, operation and factory acceptance test (FAT), install, test and commission transformer and carryout transformer maintenance, diagnostic analysis, life expectancy and extension.
This course covers the theory, operation, testing, practical problem and solutions of power transformers and auxiliary equipment. Upon the successful completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and test power transformers in a professional manner
- Discuss the basic concepts of transformer covering the main electric parameters and laws, magnetism and electromagnetism, Lenz, and Faradays Laws, circuits, star and delta connections, theory, the role of transformer I power systems, standards, regulations and voltages
- Identify the various types and construction of transformers performance and electrical parameters
- Recognize transformers faults and employ proper protection, operation and factory acceptance test (FAT)
- Install, test and commission transformer efficiently
- Carryout transformer maintenance, routine inspections, diagnostic analysis, life expectancy and extension
- Fundamentals of transformers
- Theory on working of transformers
- Effect of stress on electrical insulation
- Design, construction details of transformers
- Doubt Clearing
- Transformer accessories, their importance, testing and calibration
- Materials used in manufacturing, testing of raw materials and MQP
- Final Testing of Transformers
- Transformer specification and oil specification and its significance
- Transformer transportation, preservation failures and analysis
- Site Inspection erection and commissioning of transformers and reactors
- Oil handling and processing, drying of transformer/ reactor at site
- Demonstration of - Core Assembly, Active Part Assembly, drying, Final Assembly, Testing.
- Demonstration of Transformer Accessories
- Transformer bushings, manufacturing details
- Field Quality Plan for transformers
- Refurbishment and life extension of transformers and reactors
- Economic aspects of replacement of old transformers – key factors
- Demonstration Bushing manufacturing plant and testing
- Modern trends in the design and manufacturing of transformers
- DOs and DON’Ts on transformers
- Transformer troubleshooting and site maintenance requirements
- On-line and off-line monitoring devices and Calibration of monitoring equipment’s
- Doubt clearing and preparation for the test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.