Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, technicians, and managers who are facing the issue of needing to rehabilitate an ageing water treatment plant.
About the course
This course is about rehabilitation of water treatment plants. The course covers three types of treatment plants: conventional, thermal desalination; and membrane desalination. Many of the elements in each type of plant are similar.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Obtain and apply knowledge on optimization and rehabilitation of water treatment plants
- Analyze and understand the workings of each type of treatment plant, and plan for the elements for rehabilitation of each type of plant
- Important elements of water chemistry and properties for rehabilitation that are common to all types of systems.
- Differences between Fresh, Brackish, and Salt Waters
- Removal of muds, silts, grit, and debris
- Screens, grit chambers, and intake structures
- Pumps & Properties – salt water and fresh water pumping
- Valves and equipment selections- properties and corrosion
- Coagulation, chemistry, and fine particle removals
- Removal of objectionable metals and compounds chemical precipitation & solubility
- Aeration and Mass Transfer
- Water Softening and carbonate chemistry
- Coagulation chemistry and sedimentation theory and practice
- Clarifiers Design, Operations, and Rehabilitations
- Filtration theory, design, and operation
- Membrane Filtration
- Bacterial and viral control and deactivation
- Bacterial Control and disinfection, chlorine, UV, ozone, chlorine dioxide, chloramines, and others including Peroxyacetic acid (PAA)
- The complete water treatment plant
- Complete Analysis of the Theory, Operation, and Design of a thermal desalination plant
- Thermodynamics and heat balances, Pretreatment requirements, post conditioning
- Langalier Index and Corrosion Considerations,
- Sludge Disposal
- Complete Analysis of Theory and Operation, and Design of Membrane Desalination Systems
- Large vs. small scale Membrane Systems.
- Pretreatment requirements, Maintenance Requirements, Performance
- Sludge treatment and disposal
- Post Test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.